Ok, so I need some advice. I have been taking a 30mg percocet a day or every other day for a few months now and I seemed to have caught a slight habit, so I got a 8mg Suboxone from a friend who told me to break it into 4 pieces and take a piece as soon as I started to feel my withdrawl symptoms. One little piece of sub did seem to take the edge off. Now what I am trying to do is to detox at home with this Sub, Now I am on day 2 of now taking any percocet, but I did take just that piece of Suboxone last night. Does anyone have any idea on what I should do next??? Please help this is a first time addiction for me and I am clueless. Thanks guys!

I am all too familiar with what your experiencing!! First and foremost, if at all possible you should try and seek out a inpatient detox with some sort of treatment lined up right afterwards! (IOP, residential,30,60etc..day programs, etc,,,)It is difficult to say the least and the better treatment you begin with, the better off your chances of kicking the opiates. As for the Suboxone..I can't see one 8mg pill or film being the key to a successful detox..It may help early on, but what about after you have no more? In this being your first detox ever, please try and get into a inpatient detox ASAP! They will taper you and keep withdrawals minimal. Plus most of them have daily groups for you to learn about and understand more about your addiction along with other people who are going thru the same thing you are!! I really wish you all the best!!!

Suboxone is very strong, or rather Buprenorphine in it is. That little sliver you took was enough to stop the withdrawals. I would wait as long as possible until you feel sick again, then take another sliver but not make a habit of it . And then stop messing around with opiates. I wish I had never sniffed my first line of H, that's for sure.