Hi, I am a twenty eight years old man. I work in a very successful firm. The job requires me to present my ideas in front of a large number of people. This is when the problem starts. When the day approaches, I get very nervous. I start to blush when speak. A friend told me that I have performance anxiety. Can you help me?

Hi, your friend is right. You have performance anxiety. I too share your problem. The thing is that being nervous follows me trough out the entire day when I am to speak in front of the audience. This really affects my life and most certainly is not good for my career. I found out that there are a lot of things that can cause anxiety. Some of them even have a medical background. I suggest you do what I have done. Pay a visit to the doctor. Tell him about your problem. There are medications that can help, but they are prescribed only if there is a condition that is causing the anxiety. The doctor will also teach you how to overcome the anxiety. The thing is that you must deal with it. As for the blushing, there is a trick that can help. Breathe in for seven seconds, hold the breath shortly and breathe out for eleven seconds. This really helped me. I hope it helps you as well.