Hi, I think I have a problem. My job requires me to talk in front of my associates and bosses at least once a week. When this day approaches, I start feeling very nervous. The thing is, this feeling stays with me all the time and it culminates when the "performance" is very near. After I stand up, I also blush. The blushing appears in some normal situations as well. Can you tell me something about me being nervous all the time and is there a way to stop blushing?

Hi, I know exactly what you are talking about. Performance anxiety sometimes gets the best of me too. And this is not a good thing when you are trying to improve your career. Although performance anxiety can affect us differently, it seams that you are very influenced by it. Because this anxiety affects the most important part of my life, my work I get very nervous and this state of mind follows me throughout the day. So like you I feel nervous all the time. Anxiety can be caused by a number of things. It can even have a serious medical background. However, all forms of anxiety are treatable. You will just have to learn how to deal with these attacks. Therefore, once you overcome the performance anxiety, your nervous condition will disappear as well. You should see a doctor in order to determine the cause of your condition and prescribe a medical therapy, if necessary, or just give you a couple of advices. My condition was not very serious, so medication was not necessary. As for the blushing, you should try the next trick. When the big moment comes, breathe in till the count of seven, hold the air briefly and breathe out till the count of eleven. I really hope that this helps.