Hi. I`m only 22 and I feel worried and depressed, for no reason at all. Almost any problem situation can give me a bad headache. Sometimes I have panic attacks, I start to sweat and tremble, my breathe is short and feel like I can`t breathe at all. I was talking with my gf about it, and she told me that I have symptoms of anxiety. So, I would like to hear from somebody with experience what are anxiety symptoms?

Hi. I suffer from anxiety, mostly I fear of dying. Sometimes I feel like I`m having a heart attack. Your symptoms are similar, it could be anxiety. This is a problem which must be treated. I have started to treat myself through conversation and meditation. I simply talk with my parents and friends, I watch TV, and sometimes I take a hot bath to relax my body and mind. Did you know that in the past, anxiety was treated with drugs? I hate pills, and think that relaxation is a better solution. I also exercise, it`s really effective.

I too suffer from anxiety. A couple of months ago, I was a prisoner in my own home. I was so scared to leave or go out and do anything, that I just laid in the bed and dwelled on what was going on. I noticed every little pain in my body and thought every pain meant I was dying of something. I have since been able to leave the house, but I still feel every body ache and pain and the thoughts take over. I was to the point where I couldn't drive, but I can drive now but not long distances or in areas that have a lot of stop lights. I panic just sitting there. The doctor put me on lexapro but I worried so much I had a really bad attack and ended up in the ER. Everything is fine with my body, its just my mind that is messing me up. I currently do not have insurance so I can't afford to see a doctor again and I don't know what else to do. I hate that anxiety is taking over my life and I have am learning to deal with the body symptoms but I still can't get passed a lot of them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

hi all
symptoms vary from person to person but some symptoms can be,sweats,blurred vision, hearing distortion,dizziness,chest or neck pain,breathing faster then usual, heart palpitations,tingling in hands and the list goes on
now, if this is something new is best to first go a doctor for a physical check up as it could be heart or blood disorder or vertigo or anything
I am assuming you are all americans especially being you speak about not affording a doctor, out here we go the doctor for free no wonder we are called the lucky country (Australia)
now what can we do, 1st thing is to sit down somewhere safe and if possible quiet, slow the breathing down, either count the breathes in and out,3 in 3 out then build 4 in 4 out get to 5 in 5 out, then what is going on in the mind? whats your mind saying to you? I am going to die?I have a disease? or some people might say, this needs to be perfect I need to get this right
whatever is going on when anxiety starts you need to reverse your self talk
I am not going to die this is panic and I am safe, breathe slow and keep assuring yourself its all ok
or if its about how good you will be or act,say This will be good enough,I have done the best I can I am ok I am safe
cut out all caffiene products as caffiene pumps the system and makes heart race, this includes chocolate or chocolate drinks, a glass of water as you probably also have dry mouth too another common symptom
is there any special mens helplines or womens helplines where you live?
basically get a checkup at the dr to ensure your in good health and if possible get to a counsellour or psychologist they will more then likely use CBT on you
you can research CBT online this might help
good luck everyone