Hello, folks. I am experiencing a severe pain in perianal area. I asked my brother who is a doctor what it could be and he told me it could be caused by perianal abscess. He tells me I should go to a surgeon for fixing this. Has anyone had similar experience with this? I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. Thanks.

Hello. It is possible you have perianal abscess. It is usually followed by itching or severe pain. This pain can get worse when moving or going to the toilet. In most patients with perianal abscesses, no antibiotics are needed. However, if one suffers from diabetes or is immune-compromised, systemic use of antibiotics will be needed. The main therapy is surgical. You should visit a surgeon for an examination. Then you will be a hundred percent sure whether you have perianal abscess or not. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!