a few weeks ago, i noticed a small bump had come up right below my anus. it didn't hurt so i didn't think anything of it. about a week later it became big and swollen and felt like it had alot of pressure around it. i just thought it was an ingrown hair so i tried to pop it. alot of yellow pus came out then blood. i stopped squeezing when i got to the blood. this went on for about a week and then it finally stopped being swollen and the pain stopped but it what was left was a small, hard bump. i looked at it tonight with a mirror and the whole bump was white so i tried to squeeze it but nothing came out. it doesn't hurt, but it just looks really nasty. my best friend said it may be a genital wart so naturally i start to freak out. i looked them up online and it said that usually they happen in clusters but occasionally they will be alone and that when they "flare" up they often ooze and smell kind of bad but once the flare up is done it goes back to being a white bump. i'm soooooo worried. i called the doctor but couldn't get in until next monday. i'd just like a little piece of mind before i go to my appt.

The hard lump beside your anus (starts as hard, red, sore, throbbing with a lot of pressure, then pops and drains pus and blood) is most likely a perianal abscess. Take it from someone who has had these reoccur several times over the past year. 50% of perianal abscesses result in something called a fistula, which is a permanent channel between your colon and outside of your body (where the abscess burst outwards). If you are unlucky enough to get a fistula (like me), then it is only cured by an operation called a fistulectomy where they essentially cut you wide open and have to let you heal from the inside out. Not pretty. If you don't operate, the abscesses will keep coming back. Forever. It will not heal on its own. If you have a perianal abscess, get to a doctor or a hospital- get it lanced and take antibiotics if they're prescribed to you. Don't play around, I have private health insurance in Australia and I think I will be out of pocket around $1200 for a $2900 fistulectomy operation... Not to mention the horrific recovery. Let us know what happened, and if you're doing ok.