Since i turned 35, my period cycle changed. For example, my periods were a regular 28 day cycle, lasting for 5 days. For the last 4 years, i've gone through light/medium cramping 2 weeks before period arrive, to starting and not bleeding for several days after. Now i sometimes have periods twice in one month. This month, my period began on the 3rd of April and finished on the 10th. On the 21st i had a show of blood (totally unexpected), then nothing for the next 3 days. I have no pain, tenderness or any of those symptoms. I do have unprotected sex with my husband and use the withdrawal methods for the most part. I'm not ruling out pregnancy, but with the irregularity of my periods i don't know when i ovulated.

I went to see a Gynaecologist last month and she checked my womb and told me that everything is normal. I told her that i wanted to have one more child and she suggested that i go for a test once my cycle hits day 3 to determine if i'm early menopausal. As i have no blood flow, i haven't gone ahead for the test as yet. Is there anyone else at age 40/41 going through the same things?

Hi:
This sounds like perimenopause. This condition usually come at about your age. It's symptoms are usually heavy, heavy bleeding with clotting with incredible irregularity of your cycle. Somehow perimenopause seems to be a big secret. Most women experience this without knowing anything about it so it creates shock and panic. Just about every woman I know has experienced this condition. It is not early menopause. It is different from the real menopause, which usually occurs at about the age of 52 or so. Ask your doctor about this and if it's case, perhaps her term "early" menopause means the same as perimenopause. Move forward with your baby plans. Good luck! I wish you all of the best. Please let us know.

IT sounds to me quite a bit that what dsdesk has posted is pretty accurate. It is pretty obvious that your body is undergoing some odd changes but they don't seem like they'll make much of an impact on your plans to conceive. The only wrench in your plans as I see it is that you will have some difficulty telling when you are ovulating so you will probably have to figure out from your doctor what you need to do to figure that out. I wish you luck in conceiving! Keep us posted.