I was wondering if stress could cause me to be having my periods lasting longer ? Like exams and stuff. Im on the patch, but have been for a while.

no its not due to stress,its having some pathological coz...plz consult a gynaecologist!!!

madhavi rawat it is totally possible that stress would cause someone to have longer periods. Having stress like exams would cause issues with a period so seeing a gynacologist would not be necessary. Now if you have other symptoms aside from periods lasting longer, then I think it would be a good idea to see a doctor, but longer periods are possible with stress.

hi healthfitnessguy how u doing?? i jst saw ur post and i realy got confused coz wat i know is ..periods r either delayed or missed,so i googled and found some useful stuff... have a look
My Period Won't End!Maybe a late menstrual period isn't your problem but a heavier and longer period is. One possible explanation is uterine fibroids. Although these benign uterine tumors won't hurt you, they do need to be investigated by a doctor. In some cases, they can grow to be extremely large and impair your fertility. However, if you're experiencing severe cramps and are noticing a number of clots in your blood, then you may be having a miscarriage. This warrants an immediate appointment with your health care provider.

IUD users may have longer periods due to the IUD irritating the uterine wall. Longer and/or heavier periods can be side effects of the mini-pill, Depo-Provera and Norplant. If your periods have become especially heavy or long, talk with your doctor about changing your birth control.
MISSED PERIODS
Sometimes periods are missed for no apparent reason, and this does not mean anything serious is wrong.

Sometimes it is brought on by something that has upset your hormonal balance, and this would include such things as stress or worry. Even worrying about the possibility of pregnancy can do it. Also a major life event such as changing job or moving house can result in a missed period.
Other possible causes would be too-stringent dieting with prolonged and severe weight loss, or excessive exercise such as road running or severe athletic training...
take care... :)

I was on the Ortho Evra patch for about a year 2005 to 2006. Every since then I have been having periods for sometimes 2 months long with a 2 or 3 day break in between. I had been back n fourth to a dr for normal check ups at one point a dr even told me it was normal . But bleeding for months at a time is no ones normal. I had bled so much that I was severely anemic and 3 points away from needing a blood transfusion. have been seeing a specialist for about a month now and I found out I have a hormonal imbalance . Been on provera its helping a lot.. So yep consult a specialist because that's abnormal and dangerous....