I have always had heavy bleeding since I was 14, entering High School. After I graduated, I went into a severe depression state and my periods got worse. Instead of 6 days, it would last 10. Another year later (age 19) things just got worse and worse. I would have indescribable pains due to my period. I would cramp a week before I started, the week during and the week after. I started having lower back pain, severe, felt like really harsh spasms. My vagina felt like everything was being pulled out, muscles pushing, contracting I guess. I've never given birth, let alone been pregnant before so I can't compare the 2 pains. I described the pain to my mother, she said that was labor pains. Felt like my insides were twisting and pulling downwards, my back would get worse, I couldn't walk, all the while im bleeding like crazy, my clots would get bigger. This only happened every other month since i was 19. I am now 22, now my left and right side are doing this. The longest I was on my period was 2 1/2 months straight, no stopping it, it would get lighter, then I sneeze or cough, even laughing, and it would be day 1 all over, severe bleeding and cramping. I've been on several birth control pills (4), I cannot remember the names, but the one I'm on now is Seasonique, the 3 month pill. I bleed through it as if i'm not even on the pill. Currently, this is day 21 that i've been bleeding. My doctor's are puzzled, they thought I had endometriosis because of all my symptoms and the laparoscopy operation proved negative. I have had rectal bleeding 3 times so far this year; never had that before. I have had a colonoscopy and everything is fine in there. I've had a cat scan on my abdominal area and brain and everything is normal. I'm stuck, im losing hope, im in pain everyday and the bleeding doesn't stop. I can't work because of the pain. I was recently "laid off" because of the days i took off from work because of the constant bleeding and pain.

Symptoms:
-Heavy Bleeding
-Long lasting periods (running into the other cycle)
-Standing or walking for more than 5minutes causes more bleeding & pain
-Severe abdominal pain
-Severe Lower back pain
-Throbbing Thighs
-Obesity (since i've been on the pill, i've gained a LOT of weight)
-Loss of appetite
-Fatigue
-Weakness
-Severe Depression
-Anxiety and High Blood pressure (i was told that was from birth control pills)
-Insomnia (as of the past 3 months)
-Bacteria in my bladder (no sort of antibiotics help, it doesn't feel like a normal bladder infection either, everytime I empty my bladder, it feels like it's being crushed, a ton of pressure on my bladder) and yes, i've had bladder infections before, totally different feeling. My streams don't hurt, it's after emptying my bladder that hurts.
-IBS (if that's even true, from the colonoscopy, they diagnosed me with IBS because everything seemed clear.

If you've taken the time to read this I really appreciate it. I feel stuck, after all these pokes and prods, ultrasounds, feeling like a lab rat :-( , i don't know what to do. They can't find anything wrong, they want to put a IUD thing inside my uterus but i'm not sure that will help, I was told it costs around $600.00 to do and because I have no job, money lacks. If there's any information that anyone has, please help. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. :-)

It seems like no one has the answer to anything. I have read so many stories, similar to mine. No one knows what it is. I've gone through surgery, operations, ultrasounds, cat scans, and a lot of blood work. Is it that people don't care to read and give their opinions? Or possibly that people just don't know, what is it that doctors can't, won't or don't tell us? My obgyn gave up on my case because she searched for 'everything' she says. I call bs on that, there's a lot more any doctor could do, but because im financially in the dumps, im not treatable. My county insurance only covers so much and allows me 1 obgyn and 2 doctors (md) so I had the great privilage to choose 1 of each 8-| . I've read a lot of people having the same problem, long periods, heavy cramping, lots of clots, and we're all 19-25 years old. I asked a med student friend of mine, he said that because I bleed for so long in such a short period of time i'm damaging my uterine lining and that I might not be able to concieve a child, let alone not might be able to carry one. His belief is that I (or we as I've been reading), have something new, something that doctors don't know about and can't see with the naked eye. I wish doctors listened better instead of just looking at you and saying you're fine or 'lose some weight and you'll be cured!!!'.

I went to my doctor yesterday, telling him how long i've been on my period. He's worried that i'll bleed to death without knowing it. ER's wont pay any attention, as long as you're not dieing right then and there, they send ya home. I don't know if there's anything good I can say here, no hopeful things to say. I wish no one had to go through this, it's so painful to know that there's more women out there who suffer from this c**p and don't have insurance to help or the money. I'm giving up on these forums. More questions than answers / opinions; just like a doctor's office. All I can say is good luck, thanks for reading if you have taken the time to and i hope you all get some answers, it's not fair to have this kind of pain all the time, everyday at such a young age. %-)

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I'm 23 and i have the same story, I started my period late almost 16. My mother is a RN and she said it would work its self out, it has not. I cant go to the Dr. no money I live a pay check to pay check life. d

my daughter has had the same symptoms and been in the ER in Ann Arbor & in Coldwater. The Pediatric Gynocologist said it is labor pain because of blood clots in the uterus. Her periods are now at least 45 days long and longer. They said it is from Estrogen not going up & down but staying the same, therefore making the lining of the uterus unstable, so it cracks & peels all the time. The uterus tries to get rid of the blood clots (which get larger & larger as time goes by), so it has contractions to squeeze them out. She is on pegestione pills because it is to dangerous with a family history of stroke & blood clots to keep her on estrogen. It seems to have helped some.

Did you ever find out why u was always on it??? The longest I was on mine was 4-6 months.. I finally decided to get on the shot n it works ever since.

I have a vary similar thing going on with me and they say it is because I have the gean for laten faster 5 which is a vary rear blood clothing condition and because I do have the full gean it can cause my periods to be vary heavy long and dangeres I have had 5 blood transfusion sence I stared my period when I was 11. So I know what is roung with me but I don't know how to deal with the back pain or cramp... They are getting woes and an iud doesn't work I have had implants that is the one in my are and the iud and netherone worked for vary long maybe a mouth or 2 but that is all I now I wish u luck

Thank you for posting this. I am 28 years old. I have never been sexually active or given birth but I have the SAME EXACT symptoms and duration of cycles that you do original poster. I too have had every test known to man and everything has come back as being normal. I am sitting in my bed doubled over from intense labor type pain and crying with frustration. My Gym does not know what to tell me and my primary is baffled too. 

Did you ever find out the cause? If so please let me know. 

I hope that you are doing better. 

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

I have had a very similar story to yours and then some...i am now trying acupuncture and so far the bleeding has stopped! Like a miracle really! I did not find any more medicine or surgery to be an option for me! Talk to a master acupuncturist! I'm so glad i did! I also have a chiropractor for support as a simple misalignment in your spine can lead to problems as well. Everything innervates from the spine! Hope you find some answers very soon and some relief! I feel like i have just done the smartest thing ever! 9 surgeries later!
~victoria

Omg I'm goin through the same thing feel like I'm dying pls tell something