Let me give an entire history lol...
I had an abortion in 2000, then went on Depo Provera. I stopped that in February 2004, had my first period afterwards in November 2004 and got pregnant in February 2005. I had my son in October 2005 then had the Mirena IUD inserted in March 2006. My husband and I have decided to have another baby and I had my Mirena taken out in November 2008. I got my first period in January and it lasted over 2 weeks. Since then I have had very irregular periods, my menstrual cycle being 40 days or longer, period lasting over a week and very, very heavy. It is now December 2009 (13 months since I have had the Mirena out) and I have not conceived yet. I believe to be ovulating now or very soon so my husband and I engaged in intercourse tonight only to find afterwards that I had bled a bit. I am not due to have my period for at least another 10 days, today is day 23 of my cycle. The blood was bright red, and the timing didn't line up, so I ruled out implantation bleeding. What else could it be? I'm getting frustrated about not conceiving yet but I don't want to put my health in jeopardy. Any suggestions?

If your periods are irregular it may be hard to determine the time of ovulation, that could be the reason for the lengthy time it is taking ti conceive. The bleeding after sex could have been from the intercourse itself. I wouldn't panic I would note the experience and if it occurs again I would consult a specialist (GYN) to get more educated advise Good Luck!

Honestly I had mirena IUD in for about a yr n a half then decided we wanted to try for our second child I had the same problem I took it out and I didn't get my period for the longest time when I finally my period it was very very heavy and irregular... To make a long story short I ended up conceiving then had a miscarriage .. Conceived 14 months later had another miscarriage .. Conceived a yr later and finally had a baby girl .. It was an emotional roller coaster!