Hi, I am 24 years old, and I’ve been having panic attack for a while. What really worries me is that I also have physical problems due to panic, such as chest pain or discomfort, sweatiness, difficulty breathing and choking sensation. Could these problems be dangerous?

Hi, these physical problems are just consequences from panic. However, they can be dangerous if you already have some condition that could increase the effect of these problems. Panic attacks are the strongest after one or two minutes, and they diminish in next half an hour to few hours. Before you make any conclusions about these physical problems, you have to be shore that they are not caused by something else. Those things happened before, that people had symptoms like chest pain and sweatiness, and that they immediately suspected on a panic disorder. It turned out that the cause was something else. Physical problems due to panic can also be hot or cold feeling, shakiness and lump in throat. But every patient has different medical history and should be treated differently, so the best thing is to ask a doctor about this.