Hi! Recently, in the office I had very stressful situation. I started to sweat, also I had rapid heart beat, and pain in the chest. Then, I saw my doctor. After EKG and some other tests, he told that my heart is in good condition. After some time it happened again. What are the most common panic attack symptoms? How is panic attack symptoms caused? Can panic attack symptoms harm me? How is panic attack symptoms caused? Am I having panic attacks? Please respond!

Hi! Symptoms of panic attacks are quite obscure and don't necessarily feel like they are caused by panic. Symptoms of panic attacks are unpleasant to say the least but they are completely normal and harmless. Not everyone experiences the same panic attack symptoms. More Common Symptoms of panic attacks include: rapid heart beat, pounding heart or palpitations, sweating, shaking visibly or inside, choking sensations or lump in throat, chest pain or discomfort, nausea, bloating, indigestion or abdominal discomfort...and other. Diagnosis of anxiety disorders is very accurate. Some people have anxiety disorder but never suffer from panic attack symptoms. Panic attack symptoms are caused by a number of biological changes that occur during times of stress and anxiety.

Hi I was suffering frm panic attacks for the longest time.My attacks were
so severe that i would end up in the hospital every time.I actually thought iI was having a heart attack! I too have seen a cardiologist and they said my heart was ok.My symptoms included:heart racing and palpitations,dizziness,chest pain,weakness,numbness in my head,difficulty breathing,and on occasion would faint.I felt that I was going to die.My advice to you is to see a doctor if you have already done that than you can beat it.I did.At first i would feed into my attacks and they would become worse.I found that if you sit down and tell yourself that everything
is going to be ok. it will.my heart rate would come down and i was able to
breathe.Whatever you do DO NOT! feed into it it will just make it worse.
YOU CAN AND WILL BEAT THIS! :

exactly what bubbles said. DO NOT run away and hide somewhere, because that will just condition you into somewhat of an agoraphobic and you'll start avoiding places because you associate them with your panic disorder. if you feel a panic attack coming on, you must act quickly because most reach full effect around 10 minutes. just remind yourself (as hard as it is) that what is happening is not in anyway harmful to you, and that it is just your brain giving you a hard time. i am actually reading this book right now called "anxiety, phobias, and panic: by Reneau Z Peurifoy MA" its been really helpful to me in dealing with mine. I've had anxiety since i was a little, little girl and i've had a long time to learn, but that doesn't mean i don't get stuck and need a therapists help on how to deal with my stress, and how to find coping methods that work. my favorite coping method is just finding a single word like "relax" and repeating it to myself over and over again, while i picture something pretty, like a sunset and try to focus all of my energy on that. since it happened at work, something there must have triggered your first one. i'd maybe evaluate your working habits and see if there's anything you can do to make your work habits go a bit more smoothly. panic disorders are the worst things in the world, but luckily, with therapy, and possibly some medication, you WILL beat them :-) good luck hun, and all the best.

oops i almost forgot to tell you what my common symptoms are! aaaah! mine usually start out by my skin getting really warm and tingly, almost like that feeling you get when you have the flu.my heart starts racing, my hands sweat really bad, i have trouble speaking because i can't hold onto any thought because my mind is racing so fast. i get dizzy, and in the worst cases feel like i'm in a dream and not connected to reality at all. sometimes nausea will kick in, sometimes so bad i will actually throw up. BUT let me remind you i used to get about 10 a day, but i'm doing much better now and will have maybe 1 a month to 1 every other month. hang in there!

i've have been having panic attacks as well... something i found with me was writing. i wirte every night before i go to sleep. i make a list of all the things that im thankful for and all my worries then just about my day or whatever i feel like. i also started learning guitar, picked up running and try to stay out of my house. the first months was so hard and i failed some days but it's important to get back up again! there is hope and you will get back to your self.

PS really think about wha is going on in your life and how you can de stress it.

please everyone  i have some of the symtoms and what is helping me is the  vitamint Niacin was you take you feel like you dont care about anything that is giving stress