hi my name is teresa i am 21 and live with my partner. i have a 2 year old daughter and i work part time.my partner works full time.for about a year i ahev suffered with what i thought was heart problems but my doctor has reasurred me it is actually anxiety and panic attacks.he thinks i have o.c.d and depression. we together have tried so many different medications none worked. i am now starting to see a counciller. i am scared because when i get a panic attack i feel like im having an heart attack.my chest gets tight and i fear i will stop breathing. i dont know wat i can do to make it better i feel everyday its getting worse and its making my life unbareable....please help. xx

well much of this can be helped by reducing as much stress to yourself as possible and praticing good diet and lifestyle habits. There are many ways to releive stress. Studies have proven that stress can be reduced at great lengths promoting people better health in general by way of; exercise , meditation, and even religious practice of choice. As women, the potential threat of heart problems is a high risk, so to avoid heart complications it is best to avoid any red meat or pork and stick to turkey,chicken & fish...and also avoid saturated fats that include animal products like butter. Find a hobby or personal interest or any form of outlet. Try to vent to a relative or friend daily, any built up feelings or worries that you need to get off your chest can increase blood pressure, decrease blood flow, and cause you to have emotional outbursts. Try some of these techniques and if your problem persits consider councelling, therapy or even a different physician.

I think that this is a very good piece of advice but I do know that no one I can think of who has panic attacks has ever had a heart attack. Have you also suffered from any panic issues before?