I had cut myself from shaving and it left a patch of raw skin on my scrotum. I was using neosporin on it which I think may have caused me to get a yeast infection from my girlfriend. It looks like candidiasis at least from the pictures I looked up online, and also the descriptions. I was wondering if I could use the same over the counter antifungal creams to treat it or if I need to take some type of oral medication? Any home remedies or do I have to go to the doctor for this one?

bro- try some tea tree oil.

I was suffering from Itchy, burning, tingling, scrotum for long time. Sometimes a shooting tingling/itch would suddenly distract me and there was uncontrollable urgeUrge incontinence to touch there. Scratching resulted in skin getting torn and sometimes blood came out. Doctors were useless - they did tests and concluded it wasn't infection, it was some kind of allergy or "ideopathic dermatitis" etc. The "steroid free" creams did not help.

However, in desparation, i studied a lot of materials and was convinced it was yeast. There was the typical yeasty smellSmell - impaired
Stools - foul smelling after about 10 hours from showering. Some residue (dead yeast) was present after long time from showering. Etc.

Anyways, tried several things at once for about 1 month. I am cured now but not sure due to what. However, if you are in bad shape with similar symptoms, please try this.

1. Stopped using all kinds of "anti-bacterials". Soaps, lotions, dettol etc. These things kill bacteria and help yeast grow without its natural enemy - the good bacteria.

2. Stopped preservatives rich foods. The preservatives have antibacterial properties and will kill good bacteria in your stomach

3. Stopped carbs and sugars. Went on Atkins diet, but ate more fresh veggies. No fruits, however. This will starve out the fungus/yeast

4. Took probiotic pills - Azo Yeast and Culturelle - 1 of each type daily

5. Tool garlic extract pills and tried to eat fresh garlic clove whenever possible

6. had 1 tablespoon of coconut oil daily, as a salad dressing (does not taste great)

7. used micanozole nitrate cream (2%) available in pharmacy on scrotum, twiceTwice-a-day daily, after showering and drying the area thoroughly with hair dryer. Applied coconut oil on top of this.

(coconut oil has a unique composition that breaks down yeast cell walls upon contact. this will kill large amounts of yeast every day)

8. Ate yogurt (sugarfree) as often as possible. Tried different kinds to get all kinds of helpful bacteria.

The problem is now 95% gone. I am paranoid, so I will continue eating yogurt, less sugar and coconut oil (and apply coconut oil down there.

Hope this helps you too!

yeah over the counter cream used for athletes foot and vaginal yeast infections is all you need. A basic broad spectrum anti fungal cream. Just got to remember to keep using the cream for about 7 days after everything has cleared up to kill the spores.

Are you sure that a cream for athlete's foot would work? My understanding is that the fungus involved in yeast infections is different. Can you confirm that for me?

keep in mind...the drug companies...in order to keep you coming back for more of their product...purposely put just enough of the antifungal ingredient in the cream to keep the condition under control...but not enough to clear it up ...unless you are super super careful about everything else you do and keep as dry down there as possible ..which is next to impossible since it is a skin-fold area and we are basically mostly made of water aren't we?....just so you know the over the counter treatments typically have 1% and the prescription ones have 2%..still lame ..but significantly better...and obviously ..more of a hassle .because you have to have a Dr's visit...and maybe pay a bit more...just so you know guys ...I've seen people carry this chronically...but you CAN get rid of it.....no matter how long you have had it...the reason it is such a troubling little thing is that the yeast changes back and forth from a yeast to a fungus in order to evade the treatments that you throw at it.... you need to be very serious about tending to it....I've had it and gotten rid of it at least twice...be wary of gyms and showers where someone who has it on their feet transfers it to other surfaces ..if you sit on the bench in the locker room ...or if you are working out and wearing sweaty shorts...and you wear the shorts a second time or wipe yourself with them or sit on them ..it can come from gym equipment...no need to be paranoid ...but wear something on your skin such as tea tree oil or on your shorts...something antifungal ajowan seeds which are similar to cumin seeds I beleive have antifungal properties ...so does bleach...don't put bleach on your skin though..spray the bottom of your shoes with a weak solution...wear flip flops in the change room ...keep you toes and ass dry as a bone and change to fresh sox and underwear frequently...wear cotton...the same athletes foot is what's on your butt...except when its on your butt it's called "jock itch"...its the same thing as whats between your toes though.......OK....good luck.. BE WELL

I had this scrotum fungal infection over last 2 years until recently I found a cure after a lot of searching.
1. Ordered Tea Tree Oil + Clove Bud Oil + Cinnamon Oil from an online store (www.ebay.in, www.ebay.com or any such)
2. Mixed 4 parts of PURE coconut oil to the above oils, and apply it gently on the scrotum every morning and night after bath.
3. Repeated the treatment in point-2 for 2 months and cut off sugar, yeast products, smoking, alchohol and other acidifying products from my diet.
4. Took 4 cloves of garlic IN BETWEEN MEALS/BREAKFAST, so a total of 12 cloves per day for 2 months.
5. Recently I have noticed that 95% of the infection got cured. And I had gone another step, I had started applying garlic juice directly over the scrotum skin. This had made me jump all over my room as it burns like hell for the first 3 minutes. So you may want to mix the garlic juice with a little coconut oil before applying it ont he scrotum skin (never apply on the penis head, I am sure you would go mad). For some people the condition may worsen if their skin is too sensitive for a direct garlic paste. Applied this morning and night after bath. Ensure that you do not smell garlic the whole day.
6. Within 3-4 days, I have found dead skin peeling off my scrotum.

Finally I got convinced that I am getting cured, and I thought of passing this to everyone on this planet, as I do not want someone else suffer form this fuc**in fungus. I have also added Neem tablets and some blood purifying herbs to my diet so that I wont again get it again. Maybe I will have to take these supplements for another 6-8 months.

*Neem tablets may turn as a temporary contraceptive so if you are planning for any kids think again.

Get Well Soon,

Thanks,
VKP

Pure White Vinegar! After ever shower 100% strength. I had this infection for 14 months before. I used tea tree oil, every cream or spray. The sprays keep it under control but don't heal. The vinegar will burn a lot but after a month or so it will be gone. It is awesome not having to deal with this anymore. Pure White Vinegar!

I don't post much on the internet ever, but i'd sure like to share what seems to have helped me through this special type of hell...
I had nothing better to do but read all the other posts on this topic late at night as I was awake scratching all the skin off my gooch anyway. My symptoms were the same for males: severe instatiable itch of my perineum, scrotum and just above my butt on my tailbone, particularly at night. During the day too if I was sitting a lot. Miactin spray seemd to have helped a bit in the first months- better then any cortisone cream anyway. Polysporin triple worked a bit but was ineffective over time. Tea tree oil worked during the day...sometimes. I was getting frustrated that everything I was trying was only a bandaid, not a cure. Went to see my doctor and walked away pretty angry as he implied at the end of my appointment that it might be a mental issue... Like I have a strange desire to scratch all the skin off my sack every night and forget what it was like to actually sleep. The itch did seem to spread from my perineum to my scrotum too. Horrible stuff. And everything I applied was pretty painful as my skin was so raw. Morning sitz baths with about 1/2 cup bleach in the water helped the day start better than most.
So what I did was try what one other poster on this site swore by: pure white vinegar. I did one hell of a tap dance the first couple times I applied it, but I actually got some sleep those first few nights after the stinging subsided. So I kept at it. Getting myself to control the urge to scratch and let my skin heal was the hardest part. I kept at the vinegar and kept the scratching to a minimum. Vinegar once in the morning and once before bed. Kinda put some in your hand and apply it like aftershave. It got a lot easier to apply once my skin healed- and now just feels like water. I also cut my coffee drinking way down and eat more yogurt or pop a probiotic once in a while. Also clean up extra good after a bowel movement with plain water on TP, then pat dry. Cotton underwear only to help with dryness also- no polyester. My condition is so much better now- some days I forget to apply the vinegar as the itch is gone. I probably apply vinegar once a day now before bed every 2 days or so... Just to insure I don't have to live that nightmare ever again. This isn't a quick fix - it has been almost 10 months since this all began. First trying everything in the book, doctor appointments and then trying everything else in the other book too. For me i think it was pure white vinegar that helped most. I've been sleeping great and no urge to scratch, day, or night for about 6 weeks now. And I like the fact that it's only vinegar and not strong antibiotics or corticosteroids. Still no clue if this was a fugus or yeast infection, unbalanced stomach flora or side effect of my alien abduction rectal examinations... I bet I got this at a gym though...the timeline lines up. Anyway, I'm feeling human again ;) good luck friends. Thanks for posting too

while diet may change your health and pH etc, it's not magic... most likely the -azole and your natural immune system did the trick if you're not immunocompromised. bacteria killing your yeast infection? if that were true, you wouldn't have gotten the yeast infection in the first place... it's not magic... it's medicine. also, unless the doc did an expensive test, yeasts do not show up on labs most times... but all your naturopathic things, and i see you researched and tried a lot, did not really do anything but made you healthier in regards to your blood pressure. stick with what you know and is proven, such as science and scientific research... -azoles (e.g., miconazole) is also fungicidal. yeast infections have been around since humans, and -azoles have been treating it since it's inception. please don't tell people to eat t**d or bat droppings because you read it from some snake oil salesman, stick with science- not magic. the human body is an amazing thing, but it's not magical.

I realize its been a while since anyone has posted, but I was wondering: How long will the vinegar treatment 2x a day take to heal? From the posts on here, I must have the exact same bloody thing! Not the anus or scrotum (well, the scrotum a little) that's itching, but the perineum is giving me HELL! Burning, itching, especially at night. Anyone who hasn't been through it cannot appreciate the level of misery it causes. I don't know what caused it, though I suspect that, when I let my nasty cousin live with me. (Whom I eventually kicked out FOR being nasty, among other thing) Idk if I contracted it from a toilet seat -can you?- or, and I shudder, because his nasty @ss was WEARING MY UNDERWEAR without my knowing..another reason I booted him out! Anyway. I just started the treatment yesterday, and did sleep well last night. Idc how long it takes, I'll bathe in it if I have to. I'd rather have physical pain than this!

yup have same things. And yes the vinegar tap dance .2 months later can apply vinegar with no pain . I am also using essential oils but it is still lingering with flare ups

can apply vinegr with no pain and now use rubbing alcohol followed with 2 drops oregano oil . alcohol burns and then oregano burns but I do get 6 hours pain relief after the burning. But this leaves the skin to dry and I think kills to much good bacteria/ Remember its candida I think

I've been dealing with this problem for many years. It cleared up at one time and turned lighter than the red, flaky patch. But I did feel relief with tea tree oil and eucalyptus soaps. I also use VitaCoco all over my body. I was thinking about seeing a dermatology specialist. In the past, I has two doctors who was examined my genitalia. One said I have plaque psoriasis. The other said I have yeast and sensitive skin. Both prescribed me a steroid cream but it made it worse. I quit using the creams and began my own home remedies. I've tried apple cider vinegar, zinc shampoo, soaps and garlic too. I am going to try a soap I read about called Fungal Cleanse by Forces Of Nature. There is also another called Defense and Candida Freedom. I would like to know what will be effective in killing a reoccurring fungus!