My wife complained on an abdominal pain. So she went on ultrasound last week and they discovered a polyp in her gallbladder. It is about centimeter long and I am worrying that there is a risk of cancer. She is only 33. Are they going to take her gallbladder out?

Polyps in the gallbladder are not uncommon. Unlike other polyps gallbladder polyp does not necessary means risk of cancer. Although there is believe that risk of cancer is connected with size of the polyp. Mostly there is risk with those larger than one centimeter. Some experts believe that if the polyp is greater than one centimeter in size than the gallbladder should be removed. In her case, symptoms were not related to the gallbladder, she should follow up with a surgeon to discuss the finding of the polyp on the ultrasound. After reviewing both the ultrasound and her symptoms, the surgeon can make an informed decision regarding the course of action to recommend.

I agree. They are even common that we think. Also, a lot of people are making a mistake thinking that it is cancerous - it doesn't have to be. In order to feel safe, you can seek gallbladder polyps removal but before this, you should consult your doctor. You should discuss him to see what are the best moves and what to do next. Sure, pain usually is not a good sign, usually, pain means that something needs to be removed, but maybe it is just a reaction to something that you ate. Try to follow some diet program and maybe this pain will go away. 

I am 32 years of age I have been deal with this pain for over 4years it would come and go but now the pain is more so now than others years. I am worried that its been to later and the Polyps have develop in something more. Should I worriy about this being it have been along time before they had found the problem????

Doctors don't remove polyps if they are only 1 cm as that is very very small.

edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed