I had an ultrasound test recently which showed a small formation of polyps in my gallbladder. What are gallbladder polyps? Are they cancerous? Please help me with this!

Gallbladder polyps are growths that protrude from the lining of the gallbladder and some polyps are formed by a small gallstone embedded in the gallbladder wall. They're rarely cancerous (malignant), but sometimes they may be small tumors, either cancerous or benign, or may be caused by inflammation. Polyps larger than 1 centimeter are more likely to be malignant. Rarely, they may grow large enough to require surgical, so doctors commonly recommend removal of the gallbladder in patients with gallbladder polyps that size( over 1cm) or larger.

hello i m 24 year male..i have two gall bladder polyp..and also i have jauidence..do u now i recover from jauidence with in 20 days .and then i go to the docotor he told me that i have 2 small size((0.4mm))) polyp in my gall bladder..u now they put a sign of ((((!)))) on my ultra sound report...docotor told me that if it become large so we have go for surgery..i request him for surgery and he will go for it..they sent my gall bladder for biopsy...thank god the biopsy report is clear..there is no evidenece of maligancy seen..Take the name of God don,t think so go 4 a surgery..i m sure that there will b no thing maligant..

Hi there. Polyps in the gallbladder are common and often are found on ultrasound examinations of your abdomen. The size can vary. When they are small and when they do not cause symptoms, they are almost always benign. On the other hand, malignant polyps usually are larger than one centimeter. In that case, it is more likely to be malignant. It is recommended that polyps larger than one centimeter in size be removed surgically. Gallbladder polyps sometimes can cause more problems than you think, and that is why it is very important to do the examination whenever your doctor tells you to do it.