Hi. I am a 46 years old man and I was at the doctor the other day and he found a small polyp in my gallbladder. I suspect that it might be a cancer. I am scared, because this is the first time I have some big health problem. Tell, me, will it be necessary for me to get my gallbladder removed? Thanks.

These are common. They aren't always connected to cancer. That rule doesn't apply for the big polyps, however. You stated that the polyp that was found in your gallbladder is small? Well if it is smaller than one centimeter in diameter, than the operation might not be required. If it is bigger than one centimeter, it is advised that the gallbladder be removed. Because of the possible cancer risk.

hello. Look, those polyps are sometimes detected during diagnostic tests for some gallbladder disease. The size can vary from person to another. Those small gallbladder polyps are usually up to 10 mm, and generally, they pose little or no risk. But, you have to be worried large ones, and they are usually greater than 15 mm. They can be very dangerous because they pose some risk for cancer, so the gallbladder should be removed. In this case, you really should talk to your doctor and discuss with him what is the best for you. Sometimes, gallbladder removal is the only option. My aunty had it. 

Hi! I am just turning 41 in a month and just last week had an upper abdominal chest pains which resulted to pancreatitis. Ultrasound identified polyps on my Gallbladder less than 1 cm. This is my first of having any big health problems. I was wondering what action have you taken since?