sir,
i would like to ask u that i have gall bladder polyps from last 5 years but i have no pain or acidity problem . but i have heard that gall bladder polys are cancerous and need to be oprtaed ( lapchole). kindly answer my question that do i need to be operated altoough i have no symtons or pain in gall bladder

Hi there,

Gallbladder polyps are growths in your gallbladder that usually protrude from the lining of the inside of the gallbladder. The fact is that these polyps can be cancerous but this only happen in rare cases. I think that size of your polyp is what determents if the polyp is cancerous or not. If the polyp is smaller from half of the inch then the chance of benign cancerous are really small. These polyp don’t require any treatment but you have to understand that you will have to check them regularly just to be sore if they don’t grow any more. I think that this can be done by standard ultrasound examination. Good luck.

All the best,

Danella