I have many cysts on my ovaries. Doctor (specialist) said this is polysistic ovarian syndrome. Is anyone familiar with the procedure in hospital?

I think you’ll have laparoscopy. You’ll stay in hospital for 3 days, though the procedure itself is very rutine like and takes only 45 minutes to one hour. You’ll be given general anesthesia and these polyps will be removed from your ovaries. Sometimes they are not, because can be removed by themselves by regular menstrual cycles. Narrow tube with a camera on the top will be inserted into your vagina and then observed the procedure. They will make 2 little (1 or 2 cm long) incisions, from where these polyps will be removed. For the next 2 days you’ll be in hospital for observation and after a week you will return and they will take out the stitches. After a while incisions won’t be visible at all (mine aren’t after 1 year).
Do not worry… this is very standard procedure, I had it too.
If you have some more questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Best wishes!

Can someone with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (POS) or who knows tell me which if any hormone levels need to be checked for diagnosis

Thanks for your reply

For that type you will want to check your hormone level of testerone and estrogene. There is likely an unbalance of either side, commonly testerone side though.

are people with this still able to conceive? after the cists have been removed does anyone know?

I am 19 and have pcos. I'm just wondering if I will ever be able to have kids..? My fiance and I have been trying for about four months now to have a kid, I know I'm young but I just don't know if I will ever be able to have kids and its killing me inside, its all I ever think about, and nothing has happend, I'm not pregnant. Is there help out there?

My left ivary is polysistic until now I am still hoping I'll get pregnat.Would it be possible?

I am taking up metformin and clomid. I hope it worksBesides I am afraid of laparoscopy