I went in for a laparoscopy last MONDAY morning my GYN doctor found one 5cm cyst on my right ovary ,and multiple cyst on my left ovary forming as one big cyst.

Both ovaries were both drained ,and the cyst were removed ,and a endometriosis speck was found so I am on the birth control pills but can't have a period for 3 months so I have to skip the fake pills and go on to the new pack ,and then after 3 months I can have a regular period so it will get rid of the small endometriosis..

Not only that the weird thing that has happen during past recovery days after 1 week and 1 day my body has started losing some weight , and I was about 138-140, and now I'm 130lbs.
Is this possible that ovarian cyst make people gain weight , but then after having them removed you loose the weight????????????

I had my ovaries removed because of a large endometriosis growth on my right ovary, I have lost 30 pounds in 3 months, I no longer feel hungry like I used to,

I'm not sure but thank you for bringing this up, I've just had a Dermoid Cyst removed from my left ovary with tube, thankfully I kept my right side, but will be looking into the Minera Coil to regulate my hormones; mine weighed 6.5kg and measured 30cm, if been out of hospital for about 3 days and I've already lost 4lb without doing much exercise, I used to do loads and lose none, so I would definitely say yes.

I had my ovaries and a 8cm ovarian cyst removed 2 weeks ago since which time I have lost 6 pounds, I was quite worried about it but have been reassured that it is not unusual since reading this forum. Thanks everyone.

I'd say so yes. For months I've been doing exercise especially sit ups trying to loose my mummy tummy, the week before going into hospital (as emergency) I was in a 36f bra. Now 3 weeks post op having 1 cyst on my left ovary and a cluster of cysts on my right side removed I'm comfortably wearing a 34dd bra and I appear to have lost a good inch or few from my waist. I'm not really doing any exercise except talking the dog on short walks but the weight is just dropping off very quickly plus I'm probably eating/snacking a lot more than usual at the moment as I'm at home.

With regard to weight loss after cyst removal: I had a large tumor (the size of a volleyball on one ovary per the surgeon) removed along with a full hysterectomy (minus one ovary) and I began to drop weight. I was trying to lose prior to surgery and had been losing some, but it was very difficult. I had gained about 40 pounds in 4 years or so. I am in my late 50's and I am about 5 weeks out from surgery and still in recovery. I have dropped significant weight to the point that I have dropped a clothing size. I have an appetite but I am satisfied with smaller amounts. I don't have cravings or hunger like I experienced before. The tumor was perhaps 8 pounds but the surgeon indicated it would take a long time to realize the tumor weight loss: that it is not something that happens quickly. And because I've lost all over my body, I know that it isn't the tumor itself. I am curious as to why this is happening but I am grateful as I have been fighting this for the past 4 years.

Hi have an 18cm ovarian cyst did you have it removed keyhole or major surgery how long were you in hospital for ? Thanks kerry

Mine was a keyhole surgery, and I was only in the hospital for a day.

I suggest to anybody that's thinking of getting the Mirena PLEASE READ the reviews it's quite scary
Specifically kno it happened 2me.