Hello! I'm 24 years old, and was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) 10 years ago. I've been treating it ever since. I've tried every treatment available, and none of it has helped in any way. The symptoms are getting way too hard to deal with. I'm at a healthy weight (125 pounds), and I would like to have my ovaries removed. I know, I will have PCOS for the rest of my life, regardless. I just want to make things easier. Me and my husband do want children, but we decided that regardless if I have my ovaries removed or not, that we will use donor eggs for our children, because I don't want to pass it on to my children, as it's very common for women to inherit PCOS from their mother. In men, it's called Metabolic Syndrome X, which can also be inherited. I inherited PCOS from my mother. I don't want my uterus removed, just my ovaries, so when the time does come for children, I'll be able to carry my children. I'm not expecting my insurance to pay for the procedure, as technically, it would be an elective procedure. I can pay for the procedure out of pocket if needed. I know that I would be put into surgical menopause, and would have the option to do Hormone Replacement Therapy, which is something I would do. This isn't something I just randomly decided on. I've wanted my ovaries removed since I found out about having PCOS when I was 14, and knew that I would have to wait until I'm older to have it done. I know I'm probably going to have trouble finding a doctor to do the procedure, because they'd be afraid I'd sue in the future. I'm completely willing to sign a waiver or contract if the doctor would want me to in order for me to have the procedure done. I'd also be willing to have counseling beforehand, if the doctor were to request it. How hard do you think it would be to find a doctor to do this procedure for me?

I have suffered from PCOS for 9 years.
The good news is, an oopherectomy would actually completely resolve your PCOS. It would induced menopause.
There is no reason to keep your uterus as, again, your oopherectomy would induce menopause. Your period would stop whether you removed your uterus or not. You would have to take massive hormone replacements to be in any condition get pregnant.