hello, I am 18 and yesterday was the first time I went to the gyn. She discovered a tumor on my left ovary! And she says I should get this surgically removed as soon as possible. I am really afraid of this operation and I am wondering if I can get ovarian cancer if I do not remove this?

I had also a tumor on ovary and got it removed. Don’t worry, this is not a serious or complicated operation and the only solution is operation- there is no other. If you don’t remove this tumor, it will grow bigger and bigger and more serious problems could occur… maybe even ovarian cancer. I am not certain, that you could get ovarian cancer if you do not remove this tumor, but you can certainly complicate the situation. And this really isn’t necessary. I mean, this procedure isn’t complicated… haven’t you spoken to your gyn? I understand you are afraid, but there is nothing to be afraid of. You’ll be able to have children and everything will be ok if you do this now! If you have any questions related to this operation, do not hesitate to ask me! I would really like to help you overcome your unnecessary fear!

Does a large cyst of 12cm by 7cm with liquid and solid areas become cancerous? Can it be removed by keyhole surgery ? CA-125 was 41. Ultrasound reveal the cyst.