:-D Just wanted to say I had the Novasure procedure on Feb. 5th 2009 in the OB-GYN office. It is now Feb. 11th 2009. I have had little to no pain and small discharge where panty liners have been sufficient. I was told I could try sex a week after if I wanted as long as there was no pain. When I went in for the procedure, I was in the middle of a period and when I left, I was no longer having a period. I am hoping I won't have any more, but in a few weeks I will know. If they are less and not as painful, I will be happy. The only advice I give, is to make sure if you are asked to take medicine with food the morning of, make sure you do. I was nervous and didn't and I was vomiting for 2-3 hours off and on the day of the procedure. No fun!! Overall, I highly recommed this procedure with the right doctors and the right situation.

Thank you so much for the info...I am scheduled to have my procedure on 4/20/2009 and was worried about getting my period early and not being able to have the procedure...now I know I can still have it done regardless.

How did your ablation go? Are you still happy about doing it? I'm scheduled on 08/14/09 to have the Thermachoice procedure done but after reading all the reviews I'm a little scared!

How did your procedure go? I am scheduled for Sept. 11th and I am a little nervous. Any advice?

Hi, I had Novasure in March 2009. I had Horriblly painful, heavy periods that lasted anywhere from 7-10 days. Having the actual Novasure porcedure was the most painful thing i have ever experanced in my life. Apparently they didn't give me enough drugs. It's been several months now since having the procedure and for the first 3 months i had no period. Now i have a lighter period. Not as heavy as it was before, forsure. But it still lingers for 7-10 days.

i had the novasure procedure done may 2008 and it wasnt but a day of cramping or so afterwards. I had horrible heavy bleeding periods , hemmoraging and clotting and pain ,, had to take vicoden when I had my periods,. now having done the procedure and its been a year and a half since it .. I am pain free and you dont evenknow you are having a period unless you wipe and look on the toilet paper and go.. oh hey there it is.. very very light and only a couple days of it ..

Hi, I was looking to see if the what Ive been reading about the NovaSure proceedure is true. Im having mine next Tuesday and scared. My concern is the Meds I have to take before the proceedure. I have taken Percocet before and know what to expect, but I have never taken Alprazolam(zannax) not sure if I spelled it right. Its used for anxiety, panic disorders. Why do I need that pill and how will it be important for this proceedure. Another pill I have to insert in my vagina night before proceedure. Its called Misoprostal. Again did anyone who had this Novasure proceedure have to take these medications. Please help, Im very scared and wanting to change my mind about having it done. Tired of putting up with the heavy bleeding and severe cramping but I would rather suffer than risk this proceedure. Ive heard great things about it and my doctor recommended it.

Hello, I had the Novasure done on Friday june17,2011. I was given local anesthia. I didnt feel anything at all. It is now day 2 and im having light bleeding with no pain. IM hoping that this procedure put a stop to my heavy bleeding

just wonderin how long does u have to wait to have sex? my doc says two weeks,has anyone had it before that time lol!

I had Novasure Sept '10.  I am at my one year mark ---No periods or spotting since post procedure!  One point of advice - this procedure is not effective or recommended for everyone.  It has parameters and will not work if you have certain diagnoses.  Your doctor should be completing an internal ultrasound to evaluate size of uterus and possibility of tumors/fibroids/polyps.  also checking for adenomyosis.  If you have a good doctor, all of these things will be checked and evaluated prior to scheduling the procedure!  Novasure has been great for me -----no more heavy bleeding, cramping, and spotting 2 weeks of every month!  Results vary, but it has been wonderful for me! Just a positive thought for those wondering :)  Have a great day!