Hi. I had the novasure 4 years ago. I still have a monthly period and never had stoped. Is there a possibility of having a baby. I had my period several days ago with my lining measuring almost 6 mm now. 16 folicles. I am also on fertility drugs. The fertility center does not know I have had the novasure. So, if the novasure had the outcome it was suppose to have wouldn't the fertility doctor be able to spot the scar tissue and tell me so? I'm kind of lost and don't really know what to think.? How thic does the lining have to be to get pregnant then carry?

Hi Carol,

Tell the fertility center about the Novasure, now. 

You might get pregnant.  You have a very good chance of miscarrying however and it can be dangerous for you as well.  The lining of you uterus was removed during the novasure procedure and likey won't be able to support a developing fetus.

It is considered permanent.

Good luck.

You can still get pregnant. There's a lot of women that do. You just need extra sonograms if you are to make sure everything is ok. I've had a reversal after novasure and the doctor assured me it's possible as long as you have a period. There's just some risk and you have to be watched. Many women have had babys with no issues. I researched it for a year before getting my reversal. Then I had the doctor explain it all to me.

Ok, thanks. A bunch of people say it dangerous and the percentile is also low. However, I am constantly reading a lot of success stories. I think the percentile should actually be higher.? Are you pregnant now?

It's nice to hear what you WANT to hear but there are risks. Be prepared for a miscarriage and lots of bleeding, possibly severe.

This is from the Novasure web site:

"Can I still become pregnant after the NovaSure endometrial ablation procedure?

Because NovaSure endometrial ablation treats the lining of the uterus, your chances of getting pregnant after the ablation procedure will be reduced. However, it is still possible to get pregnant if you're sexually active. A pregnancy after an ablation is very dangerous for both the mother and the fetus, since the uterine lining would not be able to properly support fetal development. It's very important to talk to your doctor about what birth control you will use after the NovaSure procedure."

I did tell my Dr about the ablation, therefore he ran test and did a biopsy and he said I had a very healthy uterus. My lining now is 10mm and triple layered. At first the estrogen was not thickening my lining so I started red raspberry leaf tea as I was told by him and that worked really good, thickening it a little over a mm a day.

Also the reason why it's is dangerous is if done right it causes the whole inside of the uterus to scare, which means there is nothing for the embryo to attach itself too, I was in formed I would not have this problem.

I did the tea also and it's a big help. Every woman has scar tissue in their uters if they've had children. With ablation there just may be more but the younger you are when its done your body heals better. A lot of women have babies though after it. It's not an end all be all. I've been trying just for the past 3 months. But I had my uterus checked and I had little scar tissue and no adhesions. That's a good thing to. Just make sure before you do the reversal you get checked. My cervix and both my tubes were clear also of scar tissue. That's important too. Hope this helps.

I was told afer having Novasure, that if I were to get pregnant, it could kill me. I could bleed to death. Please be careful. My thoughts are with you.

I had the same wish the echo showt a nice lining, but after the hysteroscopie hope was gone because I had a lot of adhesions so if I had got pregnant I have a big change to die and the embryo to, so let make a hysteroscopie with a ultrasound/echo they can not see the damag wo