I had a leep procedure about 3 weeks ago. I was due to have my period today but it did not come. I was wondering if it is normal to have a late period and if so how long is the longest I can go without a period due to the leep? I really need advice on this because we do plan to try to have children soon.

i am having the same problem i had a leap procedure two months ago i had one normal period now i am very late this month and also am having some sharp pains on one side of my adombinal

I had a leep procedure done on 1/3/2010 and it is 2/15/2010. My last period was right before my surgery and I was wondering if I am late because of the procedure? Is this one of the side effects? If any body could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I too am wondering if after a leep procedure if it is normal to maybe miss a period? I have the cramps and tenderness in breasts but no bleeding..... I guess if i can't find an answer on here somewhere, I will call the doctor... Any answers are appreciated.

Thx.

I had a leep at the end of September, and did have heavy bleeding for 2 weeks, then normal bleeding for two more weeks. I had a spotty period in December, No period in January ( but cramps) and no period in February but with terrible cramps, back pain and bloating when i was supposed to get my period. I went to the ob and they cannot find a source for my pain, and they cannot explain why I am not getting a period ( im on the pill and should be very regular). They did an ultrasound and found no trapped blood and no cysts. They told me to wait and see what happens. I am 43 and too young for menopause, and while its fine if I never have a period again, I can do without the pain! I never had pain with periods prior to the leep.

my dr. said that from this procedure your cervical opening can become blocked as it heals preventing you from having your period. She said it is rare but it can happen. She said she had one girl come to her after 12 months of not having a period and it was because the opening healed closed after a LEEP.

I had a leep done over a month ago. Had unprotected sex with my husband. 8 days late, in a lot of pain with uterus and back. Totally feel not normal. I have to call dr- negative pregnancy tests. Ugh

I had a that procedure done too in 2016 and then March of 2017 I missed my period. I thought I was. My doctor at the time said you might be stressing over the surgery missing a period. Then I read everyone's post. Sometimes I wonder if the doctor don't tell you everything.