Has anyone had an endometrial ablation and tubal ligation done at the same time? How was the recovery? Do you still get a period?

I had a D&C, Ablation (NovaSure) and a Tubal at the same time. I suffered for many years with heavy periods, the gushers were the worst moments because no amount of planning could sto those from happening. in the hospital. I had the surgery on Friday morning and was back to work on Tuesday. I was under general and was tired and sore the first two days after surgery. I had very light discharge for about 3 weeks. I haven't had a period yet. There are a lot of horror stories out here on the net... I guess I will have to wait and see what happens in a couple of months.

Good Luck!

Gina73 wrote:

Yes I had both procedures done at the same time and the recovery was a little rough but now that I have healed I feel great and No more periods for me and its been 5 months.

i had both done in 2003 at the same time. i was sore for a couple of days but gerenally ok.best part i havent had a period since..

I had both 1 week ago (10/12). I still feel some pain, but mostly bruising around the belly. I probably feel the worst from the anesthesia and paid meds (which I take sparingly) more than anything. (esp the IV in my hand even hurt!!). I had surgery on a fall break, and I went to work next Monday. I am very tired, but doing okay. Hope it is going to be worth it in the end. 8-|

I had both procedures done at the same time two days before Thanksgiving. I had about 10 days of heavy yellowish discharge which turned to bleeding, and have been bleeding for almost 10 days. My incisions have healed, but internally I am a mess. I am experiencing abdominal bloating like never before. None of my pants fit, and I look like I'm about 4 months pregnant. Have also been having some pretty bad ovarian pain - sometimes on both sides, sometimes on one side. Occasionally the pain radiates down to my rectum. My doctor says the pain is my ovaries waking back up after being put to sleep (I had to take progesterone for 6 weeks to prep my uterus). I was told to take ibuprofen 3x/day. Honestly, I am miserable right now. Between the pain and the bloating, I am wishing I hadn't done the surgery. I am hoping that in the next few weeks things will improve - but at this point, I would take my gushing, agonizingly painful periods over what I am feeling right now.

I had both procedures done as well in January of 2007. I had no issues with recovery other than the usual soreness after surgery. Recovery was about 6 weeks to feel normal and resume normal activity and exercise. I never had any spotting after and have had no bleeding since the surgery. The only negative aspect has been bloating. It has taken almost 4 years to be able to feel like my stomach muscles are getting toned again. I also started menopause after the ablation (coincidentally). So it's difficult to say what symptoms are due to what. Overall, I am loving no period! And would definitely recommend!

I just had my uterine ablation and tubal ligation done yesterday. Everyone I had talked to who had the uterine ablation didn't have much discomfort. However, I was in a considerable amount of pain. I guess mostly from the tubal? But, I've always had difficulty with pain management. It takes massive amounts to help and doctors usually tell me tough sh*t. My surgery lasted about 2 hours, I think. It was out patient so I was home that afternoon. I stayed in bed until later that night. I felt better after sleeping. The pain had gotten better. This morning, I woke up even more sore than I was yesterday but the excruciating part was over. Just EXTREMELY sore. I was due to start my period right after my procedure so, I don't know how my periods are going to be affected. I hope I don't have them anymore. But, if I need to get a 2nd procedure done if they come back, then I will. I think it would be worth the pain. I go for my check up in 2 weeks. I'm not even sure what form of ablation he used. Just glad it's over. 

I had a tubal ligation, novasure procedure, and a cyst removed. I had severe stomach cramping for twelve hours, and no bleeding or bloating. There is a little soreness but nothing I can't handle. This was the best decision I have ever made and love not bleeding. I definitely would recommend this to anyone.

I had both and I still get my period.  Yes its lighter and doesnt last as long but I still get it and the cramps and I'm kinda pissed!

I had both procedures done last November and still no period to date. I get a bit of pain on ovulation but apart from that pretty happy with the fact that no more bleeding. Wish I'd had it done sooner.

I just had a tubal and the Novasure done the day before the 4th of July, and i'm still in the healing process. The morning after i would say i was in the most pain. I'm still waiting to do my aerobics, i'm getting a little better, still have bruises near the incisions, and some tenderness on the inside, but all in all i would say i'm doing good. It's almost been 1 week since my procedures, and they told me it would take about 2 weeks to heal. So now i'm just waiting to see how this goes.  

Two days ago I had the novasure ablation and tubal ligation. It was done in an outpatient surgery center under a general. I was not allowed to drive on day one. I did go to a three hour business meeting 5 hours after I was conscious again. I did not drive. I felt slightly woozy. Day two I had a mammogram appointment. I drove just fine. My mouth and throat were very dry. I picked up Biotene and that worked great. I wish I had Biotene on day one, however day two was worse for dry mouth! Day two evening I went to back-to-school night. I had to change 8 classes with 5 minute passing periods in a very large school. I was walk-hog to make it. Then I had to sit in those goofy little desk tables with chairs attached. Each class was ten minutes then off to the next. I personally would had rather skipped this. It was taking a toll on me!! I made it through the end. Day one and day two I barely had discharge. It was mostly when I would wipe with toilet paper. Today, day three, no pad or liner. There was zero discharge. I feel like I did too many sit ups as my whole tummy is sore. I plan to take it easy for the first week. I do not know what is from the ablation and what is recovery from tubal. I do know that this was far easier than expected!!! I am discharge free now. Hopefully that doesn't come back as I hear it can after the first week!! Any changes I will post up.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes and it wasn't bad however 6 mo th later the pain continues if not worse than before. Now looking into having Uris removed or deal w monthly pain.