Hi! With my children I was in the woods. My son was bitten by tick. I am familiar with ticks, and I remove tick. But, I take him to doctor. Doctor told me that he has early Lyme disease. He also told me that disease is defined as bullseye rash. My son didn’t have any other symptom of Lyme disease. Please tell me something about treatment. Doctor prescribed him antibiotics. How long is treated Early Lyme disease?

Hi! There is some basic information. The treatment for Lyme disease is antibiotic therapy. Choice of antibiotic is determined on an individual basis. Duration of treatment is very important. In general, tick bites from endemic areas should be treated for a minimum of two weeks. Early Lyme disease, which is defined as a bullseye rash and no other symptoms, is generally treated for 4 to 6 weeks.