Hi! I have huge possible problem. My family and I must live were high risk for Lyme disease. I know only few things about prevention. Is there a vaccine available for Lyme disease?

Hi! I live in endemic area. You should be educated to check yourself, very carefully, at the end of each day in tick-infested habitats, for ticks on their skin. Any ticks should be removed and discarded. Other behaviors, such as DEET (n,n-diethyl-m-toluamide) use on skin (an insect repellent) or permethrin use on clothing tucking pants into socks, wearing long sleeves and long pants, and wearing light-colored clothing for easier spotting of ticks, can also be used. However, there are not really any practical environmental methods to prevent Lyme disease transmission around the home in endemic areas. There is no vaccine currently available for Lyme disease.