Hi, I woke up yesterday with severe pain in my left foot, fever, with headache and nausea. Later foot became swollen and sore. Two days ago I cut my foot at the beach on some rock. Is it possible that I got osteomyelitis?

Hi, I was diagnosed to have osteomyelitis, after camping last year. I guess I got some infection, but it couldn’t burst until my immunity didn’t fell down. Bacteria can infect bones in a number of ways, it can travel into the bone through the bloodstream from other infected organs, or by direct infection, when bacteria invades the body's tissues through a wound and travel to the bone (like after an injury or trauma). Open fractures - breaks of the bones are the most sucseptible to osteomyelitis, specially with the skin also opened. If the osteomyelitis develops after an open wound injury, the injured area may begin to hurt again after initially seeming to get better becuse osteomyelitis is developing.