I had bad urinary infection 3 months ago and treated it with ciprobay for about 6 weeks. It helped and symptoms left but recently I was diagnosed osteomyelitis that was caused by this previous infection. My leg bone is affected by bacteria, is very tender, a bit swollen and painful. I am waiting for the results of test of bacterial sensitivity to start with intravenous antibiotics. This disease was diagnosed by bone scan. I have to say that am pretty worried about the outcome of the therapy. Please post if you was in the same situation.

I had osteomyelitis 2 years ago and it was caused by opened bone fracture that I had. I was on iv antibiotics for about 4 weeks and after that continued with oral therapy. Outcome was good, fortunately. Adequate treatment of acute osteomyelitis is usually good; problem may exist in chronic forms. Rest and restricted movement of affected bone is important for successful outcome of the therapy. I understand that you’re being worried but as I said, osteomyelitis can be healed completely.

How did your bone scan go? I am having one tomorrow- I have had an of/on bladder UTI infection for several months-Taking Cipro 500mg. I also have had a swollen clavicle for a year now- Nothing showing on my MRI for dislocations and had cortizine injections with only temporary results. What Dr. found this? and were your WBC or ser drate elevated? Mine are not.

I'm nervous about the scan tomorrow -please reply