Hi im a 26 year old non smoker ( always have been ). and 3 months ago i caught a terrible cold with severe coughing that would often end up in me gagging. after about 2 weeks i was over it save for the coughing. it lingered on and just gradually got better. it just got to where i had a random cough or two every couple of hours. i got tired of it and went to see a doctor and i was scared i may have gotten lung cancer somehow. he listened to my breathing and said my lungs were working normally, he looked in my mouth and saw drainage from my nasal cavity in my throat. and then proceeded to write me a prescription for an antibiotic called Clarithromycin ER. i've been taking it for 3 days now but i haven't noticed much change so far. i had a couple of coughing fits today and i feel a lump of drainage in my throat as im typing this.

Since he didnt technically diagnose me with anything i have been scared to the point where my friends and family are worrying whats wrong with my mind as they think im ok.

what does this condition sound like to you? anything helps. thanks!