Hi, I have been experiencing problems that are really annoying. I have a constant post nasal drip and a feeling as if there is something in my throat. That is why I clear my throat all the time. I also have troubles sleeping since this condition seams to be worsening while I sleep. I even wake up coughing. Could you give me some explanation for this constant post nasal drip of mine?

Hi, sinuses can sometimes be blocked as a result of an infection or inflammation. Because of this mucus gets build up inside of them. When there is no more space for the mucus in the sinuses, it drips down the back of a throat. This is called post nasal drip. That is why you feel like there is always something down the back of your throat. The things that can help you are: avoiding dairy products because they thicken the mucus, drinking plenty of water in order to thin the mucus and nasal wash which helps remove the mucus from sinuses and nose. You should also see a doctor in order to get proper analysis of your condition. Because you suffer from chronic post nasal drip there is a chance that this is an allergic reaction that you are not aware of. The doctor will determine the right cause of your condition and prescribe proper treatment.