I'm 21 years old and i have had a problem with my throat for as long as i can remember i have tried allergy meds and nasal sprays perscribed to me but they never work and the nasal sprays make it almost worse it's like there is something there blocking my throat that feels like mucus but nothing comes out when i swallow there is some pressure in my ear and my ear crakles alot when i swallow the feeling is in my nasal passage but it carries into my throat feeling like a blocking it's sooo anoying and uncomfortable and when i do get sick it is unbareable i have a heard time breathing through my noes (almost imposible) and sometime cant smell not b/c of blockage just for no reason really does anyone expierence this at all?...has anyone figured out how to fix it?...please fill me in if you have the answer...it kind of feels like the roof of my mouth and the bottom of my nose have phlem trapped between them and i can't get anything out i know it sounds weird...but i don't really know how to describe it ..i'm trying to cut out dairy for a while to see if that helps but i really don't know i know it's not anxiety that has been ruled out ...it has the feeling like my throat is closing ...

I am 37 years old and I have most of the same symptoms.feels as though there is always mucus hanging in my throat but nothing comes out when swallowing or gagging back up to clear the blockage, dont seem to have pressure in my ear but experience the crackeling in my ear every time i swallow, seem to smell things different from one side of my nose to the other. one side an orange smells like an orange but smell the orange in the other nostral and it smells like chemicals (like iodine or roofing shingles) thats the side that seems to be bothersome also. all seems to have started when i tried to take some cold medication with no water. pill got stuck in my throat or lower nasal , been 7 years since that happened. felt like hard mucus lodged in my lower nasal throat area or a lump or sist or something. been through numerous rounds of antibiotics, nasal sprays and scopes with no sucess. seems to be getting more and more bothersome. recently had a deviated septum corrected (nose straightened). while examing my nasal passage there was some swelling noticed deep in my nasal cavity. going for another scope down my nose this week in hopes of getting this fixed. eany help would be much appreciated thank you

i have the same problem, and my doctor thinking about taking my tonsils and adneoids out to help me swallow and breathe.. she said if i have any problems with my ear too it could be a tonsil stone or tumor.. so u should definately get that checked out... i have also had this problem my whole life.. i have never been able to wear necklaces or scarves cus any additional pressure makes me feel like im choking to death.. so freaking annoying.. was on so many asthma medications and allergy and mucus relief but none of them helped

Hi, you poor thing, reading your story is exactly like describing my symptoms too! I have this awful feedling of having a film of mucus lining my throat ALL the time, which I can't cough up (very rarely a small ball of bead-like stuff), or swallow down. In the morning I have to bring up a quantity of sweetish-smelling stuff which is what has obviously been draining down into the back of my throat when I eventually get to sleep. This affects every single part of my life, speaking, sleeping, working, I am going quietly mad, and some days feel like topping myself, I am so frustrated.

Hi, i hope you have had a solution to your problem and can hopefully help me. I have had the same problem for 3 weeks now. I constantly feel something is at the back of throat just at the end of my nasal passage, i try constantly to clear my throat and swallow to try and move it. I,ve been given a nasal spray but it doesnt seem to be helping. I dont have another other symtoms other than what i,ve descriped. Its actually making me feel like im going mad aswell and its really getting me down and cant sleep because of it and ppl dont understand why u feel this way. Its changing the person i am as it preoccupies my every waking thought. Please someone help!!!

whenever i get sick my nose runs i get headaches and the back of my mouth more like the roof not exactly feels very uncomfortable it so annoying ... whenever i get sick this happens and im currently sick right now but antibiotics never really help . i wish the doctors knew whsat it was because im sick and tired of these symptoms but its life i guess:'(

I believe these are called tonsil stones.

I thought I was going insane! I know exactly how y'all feel! I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this. Although I have no idea what it is

I have had the same condition for a while.I have a mental health problems which i have been told they may be connected

I have the same thing? This is what I found! The swelling of the uvula is observed with the flap expanding up to 3-5 times than its normal size. The mucous membrane around it swells and touches the tongue, or the throat causing problems, like choking or gagging in spite of no foreign materials being present in the throat. At times, it can also cause problems in breathing, eating, and talking. Dehydration, excessive smoking, inhaled irritants, snoring, allergic reactions, bacterial, or viral infection could be some of the reasons for the swelling of uvula.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi , I do have problem with throat. Feel like something is there in thoart .there is no pain but it's really irretating . Their is no wax inside the ear but feel like dry wax cracking sound . I really have this problem for last 4-5 days .
Please suggest me what to do

Is there an update on what was wrong? I have the same issue, and I'm scared it's cancer.

Hey I'm 14 and I just feel like this werid thin mucus is blocking the back of my nose and I can't get rid of it is it the same or what can somome help me

Just woke up with these same symptoms yesterday morning.. They're still here so I will keep an update if I get it checked out. Almost feels like a swollen flap inside my mouth to nasal cavity that kinda hurts but wont go away. Only thing I can pull out is tiny bits of mucus. I am also a 24yr old smoker so that is an important factor. Started about 6 years ago; Average 2 a day. We will see.

I have had mental health issues as well. I understand every case is different, but your nasal passage way has nothing to do with mental health issues. Tons of causes but I highly assume it's not from this. unless you had medication prescribed for the nasal/throat issues or possibly trauma for being teased by having the issues. Possibly you got a bad doctor? or.. Haha idk, the list could go on. That's just a heads up from my point of view though