here's the deal: I had a surgical abortion december 1 (due to a poor fetal diagnosis, for you especially judgmental people, even though that shouldn't matter) I took my pills and obviously felt physically and emotionally like c**p for the next few days but then i thought everything was normal. at the time, i was too emotionally distressed and scarred to go back for my two week checkup, which i realize was a bad idea but whatever. The point is, it is now almost two months later and as far as the 'regular flow' bleeding/spotting - i have been doing it on and off every few days since then. which i later found out is apparently not normal to begin with (supposed to stop after a week or two, i guess). Now, for the more terrifying part, recently (the past week or so) i have been experiencing large (the size of oranges) clots, immense bleeding of fresh, bright blood, and cramps that feel like regular menstrual cramps, only they are debilitating. at the moment i am not even able to sit up straight.

Now, i know i should see someone but i have no insurance, and besides, i have felt very alone and afraid to even let anyone know so i didn't want to have to go anywhere unless it appeared to be an emergency. Right now i just do not know what to think or do because I've never went through this before. Please, just give me some advice or let me know what happened to you in this scenario if you've been through it. I'm so afraid that I have an infection or I am bleeding to death.

Hello! I read somewhere that it is OK to bleed up to 5 weeks after an abortion. Some women bleed very little. Bleeding can start and stop and this is OK as long as it is not extremely heavy bleeding. If you feel tired or weak from bleeding, you can take iron pills to prevent anemia. There are herbs like yellow dock and nettles which can be used to safely replenish iron and minerals lost during bleeding, without worry of iron over-dose. Maybe you'll get more information here https://www.steadyhealth.com/intermittent_bleeding_after_abortion___im_worried___help__t129656.html But still, it is very important to see your doctor.

Hi sarah,

Some bleeding is normal for a period of time but it should not continue nor increase. If you are seeing clots the size of oranges then you definitely need to see your doctor ASAP. I would consider this a medical emergency.

The fresh bright blood is not a good sign. I don't want to tell you but your life could be in serious danger. If this bleeding continues, or worsens, then there is a chance you could lose consciousness. Worst case, you could bleed out. You could also be left infertile.

It could be an infection but without an exam, we can't know.

This is very serious I can't express my concern. At this point don't worry about the insurance you need to take care of yourself.

Please keep us posted. Good luck.