I had an in-clinic abortion last Saturday. Though they said it would be suction, it felt more like a pap to me; they didn't have any suctioning tools whatsoever, just sort of probed around for a bit before asking me if I was ok whilst pulling the metal clamp out. Ha.
Anyways, it hasn't yet been a week and I am starting to cramp heavily, and at around 10:30 started bleeding, first bright, then dark red. I had the depo shot the day of, and I have not had an orgasm to stimulate any sort of uterus-cleansing that everyone keeps talking about (how the contractions of orgasm help the flow of getting the clots and whatnot). The tip of my left shoulder is throbbing a dull, sometimes sharp pain, which is making my chest, just about the left breast, ache. I heard that this could mean I have an ectopic pregnancy? Is it possible that they could have missed something on the ultra sound?
Also, I have gas but whenever I try to release it, blood comes out (of my womb), and that makes my abdominal area hurt even worse. I am very concerned, but unsure if this is just normal for after an abortion?
This is fairly urgent.

It’s completely normal that you still bleed since your abortion was last Saturday and every exertion will make the blood come out a lot more than it will when you are resting or sitting. I don’t think that they would have missed ectopic pregnancy on ultrasound and suction procedure doesn’t really mean that you will hear or even feel anything like you would have imagined when you hear the word suction. So, the bleeding is normal and as far as the pain in shoulder and breast is concerned, well, that probably is completely unrelated to all of this. It’s certainly not a sign of ectopic pregnancy. Do you have a check-up scheduled?