I have an abortion scheduled in 10 days. Looking for some insight on what I can expect to feel...I'm ok emotionally, I'm talking physically. Thanks!

i've never had an abortion but my sister has... it depends how far along you are... if your more than 2 months it's going to be painful. my sister was almost 3 months when she got hers and she said it was really bad... usually they give you half an hour of recovery my sister had to be there for 3 hours because she lost so much blood and she was in pain, i dont even think they numb you... so yeah you should expect some type of pain...

HI! When you make your appointment, your doctor will need to get some information from you about you, your medical history and your medical requirements. It is important for your doctor to understand your medical history in order to discuss your appropriate options. Appointments for abortions must be made at least one day in advance of an abortion procedure. Non-surgical or medical abortion by abortion pill or methotrexate usually take an hour. Appointments for surgical abortions with local anesthesia, intramuscular and deep IV sedation typically take from two to three hours. Some cases may take longer. After the operation, there are various feelings and emotions that one feels. Woman is impacted physically and emotionally. There are instances where the woman adopts sleeping problems that may turn into depression. It is important that the advice of a physician be sought. There are also physical abuses that a woman must cope up with when she undergoes abortion. These are the following: a) Infection of the uterus. Symptoms may include severe pain and fever. When left untreated, these symptoms may lead to the development of a more serious infection, which could result to infertility. b) Excessive hemorrhage. Profuse bleeding for a few days could result to a blood transfusion or hysterectomy. c) Perforation and damage to the uterus. The tools used during abortion are the cause to this, and sometimes, a major operation is required to minimize the damage. d) Effects on later pregnancies. The severe injury to the cervix and uterus may result to miscarriage and even ectopic pregnancy. e) Breast cancer. There are some studies that could prove that there is an increased incidence of breast cancer among women who have undergone abortion. f) Death. Deaths have occurred after abortion due to heavy bleeding, severe pain, or from complications with the anesthesia. Risk of death increases after the first three months of pregnancy. The best thing to do is to: stay off from work or file a leave from your office; take in lots of fluids; take vitamins and eat healthy foods; sleep well during the night; take the antibiotics and other medications that were prescribed; don’t exercise; refrain from any sexual activities. I hope this will help.

I had an abortion four days ago they didn't put me to sleep the just gave me a muscle relaxer and I was 13 weeks and i will say it hurt every bad they didnt really give me time to recover then they should have a councilor talk to u after but i dint talk to anyone besides the lady who wrote my scept for my meds

I had an abortion about 3 months ago. I was 8 weeks pregnant. They gave me IV, but being so nervous, it didn't really do much, I was awake for the whole thing and it hurt very bad., maybe because I was so tense?? Not to scare you. It depends on how far along you are on your pregnancy. Some of the girls at the clinic were 3-4 months pregnant and seeing them in the recovery room they were WAY more drugged up than I was.

After the procedure, I did not bleed much and was fine. I took the antibiotics they gave me and everything was fine. I bleed a little but not much.

Waiting in the waiting room I wasn't nervous at all...then laying down and waiting for the doctor, it instantly hit me how tense and nervous I was, like shaking.

Everyones different, but you'll get through it. Good luck girl!!