I had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in April 2011.  Things went fairly well, but I still have some abdominal pain and nausea.  Three weeks after the surgery I had a C.T.Scan.  My real question is in regards to the report of the C.T. Scan that I received:

"Contracted intrahepatic gallbladder with a thickened wall, calcified gallstone, and evidence of extrahepatic biliary postsurgical change. Findings likely represent changes from chronic cholecystitis." 

It seems to me that they are talking about the condition of my gallbladder which is impossible because it was removed in surgery three weeks before the C.T. Scan.  It does not make sense to me.  

I have tried to obtain information or clarification of this statement without success for several months.  A friend of mine who is a "resident surgeon" told me that it sounds to him like they did not successfully remove all of my gallbladder.  Could this be possible?  Does it happen frequently?  Could this be causing some of my problems?  What now???

Thanks in advance for your help.  

perhaps you still have a gallstone stuck somewhere---I would certainly question your surgeon as he/she could answer your question...How are you feeling now? I had my gallbladder removed on June 5th and am still having some diarrhea and frequent nausea---just don't feel myself----I am taking prillosec, carafate and digestive enzymes. What are you taking?

I have the same thing but my operation was on Aug.5,2011...Are you still nauseous ---if not, what made you better?

This seems like you had two gallbladders one in the usual place and one which developed in the liver I.e. Intrahapetic which certainly is not common but can happen. Only advanced radiological investigations I.e. Ct can diagnose these pre operations. If your doc opened you up saw only 1 GB that's the one he'll remove. The rarety of this condition makes expensive and invasive investigations for a common clinically diagnosed condition hard to justify for everyone but the patient.