i have pain like a gallbladder attack even after it has been removed. it was removed about six months ago and the pain has started back up again not to long ago. i am only 14 but it was removes while i was still 13 because i had gallstones. i was wondering what this could be from? i am also going to see a gastrointestinal expert i can't get an appointment food a while.

Need to make sure you stay on the diet the doctors have givin. Or it will get worse. I have had mine out now 6yrs. And I still have stomach aches and pain after fried foods. The gallbladder helps breaks down the food you eat.

I had my gallbladder removed two years ago because of gallstones. For those two years after the surgery, I felt better than ever. I ate and drank whatever I wanted and never had ANY problems or pain. Last week, the pain came back, along with the nausea, just like before I had my gallbladder removed. There's a condition called post-cholecystectomy syndrome (google this and you will get a more detailed explanation) which occurs in about 15% of the population who've had their gallbladders removed. Basically, the problem is related to the duct that secretes bile from the liver into the small bowel. Also, remember that although you've had your gallbladder removed, you're still making stones. If they pass through the duct into your intestine, then you won't have any problems. But sometimes they can accumulate in the duct and then you will have problems. There are all sorts of tests that can be done to identify the cause.  I hope you get to the bottom of your symptoms and feel better soon.