I have to do cholecystectomy operation next month. I was diagnosed biliary stones. I wanted to hear something about post-cholecystectomy syndrome from the persons that had it. I heard that it can be bad. What should I expect after my gallbladder removal?

I developed gastritis after cholecystectomy. It usually happens because of increased bile flow to upper gastrointestinal tract. I know that diarrhea and colicky lower abdomen may occur. But it affects about 15% patients with removed gallbladder. I’m on antacids now and feel much better than before surgery.

I had cholecystectomy done about a week ago, and have not had much trouble with my stomach. It is much better than it used to be. The only issues I really have are if I eat the wrong thing (too much fat), or if I don't eat frequent, small meals.

I had my gallbladder removed when i was 16 along with my weight loss surgery. i didn't question it the doctors knew what was best. ever since(13 years) i have been suffering from severe stomach pain, and diahrea about 30 minutes after i eat... like clockwork. i couldn't go to a restraunt without visiting the bathroom before we left. i thought it was spicey food or a food allergy or something more serious like crohn's or UC. i had a colonoscopy and upper g.i. and they found nothing i was clean as a whistle.. it was a relief to hear but i still was having pain and told my dr. this. he asked questions and got around to asking me if i had my gallbadder i said no and he said that was the problem that the bile was irritating my g.i. tract! he gave me a prescription for Questran. i didn't have much hope for the prescription to work and didn't even fill it or a month but thought what's the worst that could happen? it doesn't work? i got the generic. it was$10 for a 30 day supply and he said to take one packet every other day so really $5 a month. it worked immediately! i feel like a brand new person.

i had cholesystectomy a lil over a week ago. i no longer have the stomach pains i had before the first couple of days after surgery was terrible cuz they inflater your stomach with gas so it was horrible gas pain but i feel so much better now. its been 9 days and i am almost fully healed and juas bout pain free.

After being diagnosed with large gallstones that were becoming increasingly symptomatic, I opted to have a "lap chol", or laproscopic gall bladder removal, after being told I could develop pancreatitis. Now almost 5 weeks in, I am nauseous almost 24/7, taking sucralfate and pepcid with little relief (also given Reglan but had some scary side effects, so not trying it again), can barely eat anything. At least before the surgery I could bring any pain I had under control by sipping apple cider vinegar in warm water. Blood work and catscan came back clear. Wish I'd never had the surgery, and would not recommend anyone proceed with it based on my experience unless it is truly a life-or-death scenario.

guest wrote:

Do you still feel nauseated all the time...I am almost 3 months post op and still have the nausea but no pain---what helped your nausea---I think carafate does help--