I’ve been diagnosed with cholecystitis which caused inflammation of the gallbladder. I had severe abdominal pain for weeks. Doctor said that he is going to remove the gallbladder. I am not sure if he is going to perform laparoscopic cholecysectomy or open cholecystectomy. I am very scared and worried. What will happen with me after that?

I have gallstones in my gallbladder for years. Thanks God, they didn’t cause any inflammation yet. I am doing my best to keep my gallbladder. Doctor prescribed me a special diet. I can’t eat fatty food anymore. Well, I had attacks before which were very painful. I am sorry that you have gallbladder inflammation and that you need surgery. If it is any comfort most patients who undergo laparoscopic cholecystectomy can go home the day of surgery or the next day and for open cholecystectomy in 5-7 days.

Hi ,
My name is phyllis . I just had my galbladder removed 4 days ago. If it helps anyone the surgery to where you have the four holes . It 's not bad at all . I had the surgery on Thursday moring and was at home that night . There hasn't been any pain , except in my back ,but it is minor pain . I just have been sore . go for the surgery . Have faith in GOD and your doctor.

Guest wrote:

Hi ,

IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO KEEP YOU'RE BODY PARTS PLEASE REMEMBER WE HAVE THEM FOR A REASON AND WITH OUT THEM THERE ARE CONCEQUENCES. SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO PROBLEM BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO DO INCLUDING MYSELF AND IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL NOT GALSTONES AFTER FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN E MAIL ME AT _[removed]_...PLEASEDO HOME WORK BEFORE SURGERY IT IS NOT WORTH IT

I think my gallbladder is messing up! I have really bad pains in my back and now in my chest. I just had gastric bypass surgery. Does it sound like that is what it is? It hurts really bad.

over the last 9 weeks i have lost over 20 lbs and they have done every test yet i am still in amazing pain the pain is focused around my right upper side i am always naseous and tired does anyone have any suggestions/

Guest wrote:

Yes, it does sound like your gallbladder. If they have'nt done it yet, ask for a HIDA Scan. It will show an ejection fraction on how well or not your gallbladder is working. Nobody shoud have to suffer with pain