Hi. I’ve been diagnosed with gum disease 3 months ago. I’ve tried many treatments including scaling and root planning but they all have been unsuccessful. I’m starting to consider gingevectomy as next possible treatment. Should I have it?? Is there anyone here who had it to share his experience with me??? Thanks.

Well, when all the non-surgical methods such a scaling and root planing have been unsuccessful, I think that you should have periodontal flap surgery (also known as gingivectomy). The whole process starts by numbing your gums with a local anesthetic. Your doctor may use a laser to remove loose gum tissue.
After removing the gum tissue, he will put a temporary puttylike substance over your gum line that will protect your gums while they heal. It is really no big deal, you can return to your normal activities as soon as the anesthetic wears off. Moreover, it usually takes no longer than a few days (week or two the most) for the gums to heal. If I were you I would give it a go.