Hi. I’m 27 years old and I’ve recently been diagnosed with peridontal disease. I’m considering several possible treatments to deal with this but I still haven’t decided which one to take. Among others I’m considering laser surgery. Does anybody here know anything about it?? Which treatment would you recommend me? Thanks for all replies.

Well, you should definitely do something about it because periodontal disease is not to play with and treating it will be the best investment in your overall health. It will help you achieve a healthy mouth and help prevent tooth loss. The right treatment depends on how far the diseases have progressed so that is the first thing you should look at. If it is in the early stages you should have some simple, non surgical procedure. On the other hand, if disease have advanced to the point where the periodontal pockets are deep and the supporting bone is lost you will probably need to take more serious action, including surgical treatment. If you decide that you need such treatment, then I think that laser treatment is the best solution because it has many advantages over the “regular surgical procedure” like faster healing, reduced risk of infection, decreased sensitivity, less bleeding and time in the dental chair.

I also was told I had this recently and they told me all I have to have done is a scaling. I hope it doesn't require surgery. I guess treatment depends upon the severity of the disease.

Guest wrote:

could you send me a quote for laser treatment for peridontal disease