Hi, all my life I have had trouble with my teeth. I brush and floss regularly but that does not help. My gums bleed when I brush teeth. Recently I started feeling toothaches whenever I drink or eat something cold or hot. This problem is really annoying me and I just don't now what to do. I tried out almost every type of toothpastes that are supposed to heal gums and prevent their bleeding, but that did me no good. What should I do about my problem?

Hi, bleeding gums are a sign of gingivitis. This is an infection caused by bacteria in the mouth. If not treated properly it can expand to the teeth roots and periodontal ligaments. When this happens you feel pain in your teeth. Periodontal gum disease is a very serious condition which can even lead to falling of the teeth. Besides brushing your teeth regularly, you must also apply the proper brushing technique. Another cause for the periodontal gum disease can be the immune system deficiency which disables your body to fight the bacteria in your mouth. However you should visit your dentist who will determine the cause of your problem and treat it in a right way.