I had my gall bladder removed laproscopically 3 days ago. I am having bad bouts of abdominal pain, just beneath the sternum, It feels like trapped wind, like a big stone has been left in my abdomen. I don't feel like eating, desperately wanting to break wind but no go! I was wondering if anyone else has suffered these symptoms and how long will it last? :-( :-( :-(

You might want to try some gas-x or even a stool softener.  Also be sure you are getting up and walking around a little each hour.  This will help to get things moving.  I had my gall bladder removed laproscopically 6 days ago and I came back to work today.  I know the fullness feeling and its from the air the doctors pump into your stomach to help with scarring.  Try the gas-x, warm tea and walking around.

I'm getting mine out tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous about it Was it as bad as I thinknit will be??

If you are getting it done with a scope, its not that bad.  I actually had an impacted stone at the opening and my gal bladder was ready to burst, So I had a few extra openings to remove the stone and gal bladder.  You should only have three small cuts where they go in.  You are definatly sore afterwards.  I only needed pain meds for the first day.  You really want to get up and walk around.  The next day I just took 2 tylonal every four hours, drank warm tea and got up to walk around every hour once around the pool.  The next day I got up and walked twice around the pool.  the uncomfortable part is the air in your stomach.  They do this to cut down on scar tissue developing.  However, that air needs to go somewhere, so the sooner you can get up and get it out, the better.  The most painful part for me was removing the tape over the stitches to take a shower 48 hours later.  The tape is really sticky and hurts when you pull it off.  Do take the time to rest and gain your strength back, but also, don't just be a couch potato.  The sooner you get up and move around and drink things to get stuff moving through your system, the sooner the bloating and movement of the air in your stomach will be relieved. 

i had my surgery today....he only went through my belley button no other holes were needed...

my belly button feels like a horse kicked me but other then that i think im doing pretty good....

im sure it common to be sore after this right?

Hi I had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago, and still I have got pain on the right hand side just under the Rib Cage its a dull ache goes through to my back, and yes full of wind you can hear it. its embarassing.