12 days ago I had my gall bladder removed, I am still experiencing abdomin pain, and now
i also have green stools

Hi, I believe this is normal passing green stools after gallbladder surgery. Me too had my gallbladder removed 10 days back and having the same condition. Presuming you had open surgery hence pain will stay there for few more days/weeks.
Laparoscopic cases are different probably. Me too had open surgery which i prefred over laparoscopic.

Surgery for gallbladder removal is not simple one. Why did you have this surgery? I know that the patient usually stays in the hospital after the surgery for at least three to four days. How many liquids do you drink and can you tell us little more about your diet? Many experience green bowel movement after this procedure. Do you have diarrhea? Diarrhea is also one of the common side effects of gallbladder removal. Without gallbladder there is no place to store the bile that your liver is producing so it is immediately passed through the bowel movement. Have you tried to take calcium supplements? Some say that they are very helpful for full recovery.
All the best,
Danella

Danella, FYI gallbladder removal is no longer a overnight procedure. My father and my brother have both had their gallbladders removed and sent home the same day. they don't even cut you open much. My dad had two small incisions and my brother had 5 small incisions.

everyone knows it is done laproscopically now. I had my gallbladder removed 1 month ago and I had virtually no pain but I still have green diarrhea poop.

All procedures are not the same nor are everyone’s experience. I had laparoscopic gall bladder removal done about a week ago. My in the hospital stay was for complications from the stones in my ducts which inflamed my liver and pancreas.  

They can't always do them laproscopally. I had my gall bladder removed 6 mths ago and they had to open me up and take mine out because the dr told me it was too inflamed to be done amy other way. They figured this out once I was in the operating room and they tried to do it laproscopally. I was in the hospital for 5 days and had abdominal pain months after. So nobody is stupid..make sure you know what your talkin about before you judge and call people names. Everyones case is not the same.

I have gallbladder surgery removed a month ago, but I feel need to go restroom to poo( light green) and sometimes just gas. And now I feel pain especially when its cold i feel pain in my chest, back, one time in my right ribs below my breast bone,arms and shoulder. And feel weak

How rude to call Danella stupid. Actually I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopic (correct spelling) aka Cholecystectomy stayed 3 days. Calling people stupid is ignorant

Ok I had my gallbladder removed and the surgeon said of there were any complications they world be doing the open surgery luckily I only have 3 holds and one belly button incision. And I was only there for a day after my sister and aunt were trying to force feed me after surgery my surgery was scheduled for 1045 and left at like 4. So everyone is different.

I had my gall bladder removed November of 2006.  I was told by my doctor that they would stick me with pin holes and "suck" it out.  It had gotten bad to the point that it needed to come out.  When I awoke after surgury I was told by my doctor that they had to "cut" it out.  It was far worse than what they had expected and as a result some of my intestine had to come out too.  Not sure what else they took.  As a result of the surgury I have experienced green stool, dirrarha, a little bit of blood (not much, since before I used to fill the bowl), and very rarely heartburn.  I have a scar straight down the middle of my stomack as a result as well.  I've been told that I am very lucky.  Had I kept the gall bladder any longer I wouldn't be here today.  Some ask me why I didn't take care of it sooner.  The truth is, I didn't know I was sick.  And many told me that it was all in my head.  But when you go to bed at night and have massive heartburn and can't breathe... Well let me tell you.  It's not fun.  I was scared and finally went to a "real doctor" and not some hick in a house.  My point is, everyone is different and it doesn't matter how big or how small you think the problem is.  Get it checked out.

Green in your stools is bile. I have the same issue. It is not harmful. Now the bile runs straight through your GI system instead of being stored in the gallbladder and relesaed with food ( because it;s gone!) Had my gallbladder out in October. So glad it's gone!!!

Glad to know this. I was worried because i had my gallbladder removed over 50 days ago and my stools just started being green. I was a little concerned. Thank you for this info.

I had gallbladder surgery a week ago, laproscopic (sp) stools do have a green look to them, not diarrhea and no stomach pains,. I was in surgery 1/2 hour and home in 4, the green color is from the bile going directly to the intestines (no gallbladder) 4 small incisions. Just make sure you don't eat any fried, greasy foods or foods that contain a lot of fat. Check the labels that have 3 grams or less of fat content, eat lots of fruit, veggies and be sure to drink plenty of water.

I had mine done 12 days ago and I'm having the green soft stools, but have no pain and haven't since about 10 days ago. Mine was removed laparoscopically and I was in the outpatient surgery center for a total of 4 hours. I was sent home with pain meds which I took all of twice the night after the surgery because sleeping was uncomfortable.