my wife had her gall bladder removed 4 days ago and is now at home. She had the 'key hole' method of surgery. Although she is starting to feel reasonably well, she still has some pain to the left of her tummy button, also what apears to be painful gassy wind. Is this common ? She is taking paracetamol and occasionaly diclofenac to control the pain. Also, when she eats ,she gets the feeling that she needs to go to toilet pretty quickly. Will this pass, or is she stuck with this. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Pain after the surgery is common and expected. You should not worry about it especially because it seems to be manageable with medicines. In case, the pain cannot be controlled by medication and it becomes unmanageable, you should talk to your wife’s doctor.
As for the other symptoms, I reckon it is too soon to know. I would wait for the recovery period to pass and see if the troubles persist or disappear with healing. Abdominal pain, diarrhea and flatulence in the long term should be investigated and possible treated but like I said, you should probably wait until after the recovery takes place.
It may take some time for the body to adjust to the missing gallbladder and the symptoms may disappear once it does. When there’s malabsorption of bile acids, many people experience problems with diarrhea.
Maybe your wife should be put on low fat diet, rich in soluble fiber, which helps in absorption and binding bile in the GI tract and aids in its removal from the body while fat promotes bile production and may worsen the symptoms.

Danny---I know from previous posts you suffered nause for awhile after having your gallbladder removed---how are you now? what did you do? I am 4 weeks post op and still having nausea most days and still losing weight because I can't eat much---please write if you are around---thanks---