i had my gall bladder removed and a few days later I got very sick throwing up and blood in my stools,they said I came down with colitis from the meds they gave me,so i'm still layed up ( HELP )

I had my Gall Bladder removed 11 yrs ago right after the birth of my last child and the following day after going home I was also vomiting, sweating extremely bad, shakes. I called my surgeon which told me to go back to the hospital. Somehow during the surgery a stone had released and got stuck in my pancreas causing blockage to my other organs (liver) and it was shutting down. I was in the hospital for a total of 5 days and had jaundice very bad (5000 / 100). Ever since I've gained weight and no matter what I've done as well as started having Psoriasis breakouts. It has appeared to me that Health care professional's either don't care or just don't know the real importance of the Gall Bladder. I have done extensive research on this and I have discovered that the bile salt our body carries that the Gall Bladder is supposed to hold and secreate with foods to aide in th digestion process is now not functioning. People who MUST get their Gall Bladders removed need to start giving their bodies the bile salt (also called bile acid) supplement. Your body needs it for several reasons. Some Dr's. just don't try to see if they can save it because they don't realise the importance of it. I know that there are cases that it needs to come out... I get that, but people that are having to have it removed need to also be educated on the supplement there body needs. Anyone can look it up, I did and since I've started taking it, I've started losing weight and the Psoriasis is starting to deminish. As for them telling you that it was just "colitis" is wrong, they should have taking you back in and checked. Dr's don't seem to take other people's bodies seriously. I know now that I could have died from the sickness I got after the surgery and for them to do that to you was wrong and I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would like everyone to know that I am a Medical Assistant and take things very seriously... this is my body and I will do the research as should everyone. Just because someone has MD, DO, or Dr. behind their name does not mean they know it all. People, unless it is a life or death situation, research things before letting them just cut you open. There is a reason they are called "Practicing Physicians". Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the schooling Physicians went through but every one is different and has different symptoms so we need to protect ourselves and do a little research. Again, the supplement is called Bile Salt or Bile Acid. You most likely can not find it in a store but I know it can be ordered through the Vitamin Shop.

WOW I'm 17 years old I have a 11 month old son. And I am supposed to go to my surgeon tomorrow to set up my surgeory appt. to have my gallbladder removed. I mean there is no way around it bc I have 15 gallstones that are inbedded into my gallbladder wall. And they have been there so long that there is no way to just remove the stones. My surgeon is very angry with the doctors over here bc they are just now finding the stones after months and months. And on top of that a have a upper abdomen hernia about to erupt. So anyways the gallbladder how do they do the surgery big cuts or little cuts? And how long do you have to stay in the hospital after the surgeory? Or do they just send you home? And what kindof diet is there in store ofter this surgeory? I heard you cant eat greasy food too much bc it could make your stomach swell or even explode? Srry so many questions I just have my worries and now after reading this I need answers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Oh but they doctor that is doing the surgeory is one of the best around. He did my appendisitis when i was 7 months pregnant. Srry I forgot to add that.

They can be the best... I just don't think they have been informed of people's bodies needing this Bile Salt. Talk to him about it and do research. Dr's are good but there are things that they can and still need to learn that is all I'm saying.. As a Medical Assistant, what I was taught in school is no where near what I will learn through out life.

What I would do 1st is do research and read as much as possible. It is supposed to be a surgery where you go home that same day. I didn't because I think I am a slow healer. I didn't get to go home until the following evening. The very next morning after being home I was vomiting profusly and was getting jaundice very bad. You need to ask your surgeon if there is anyway or anything you can try taking 1st to disolve them. you are so young and I would hate to see you gaining wait and getting other problems from not having a gall bladder. 15 or 17 stones does not sound like a huge lot so it makes me wonder if there is anything at all that they can try 1st. This is your body and you can demand that they at least try. I've endured weight gain and that is very depressing for a girl.. Just talk to him. As far as how they do it now surgically, there is a tiny incision in your belly button, & 3 more fairly small ones starting just under your sternum and following down and around your right rib cage. They used to do 1 big one but I think stay away from it as much as possible unless it is a dire emergency.

Well I talked to the doctor today and I am having the surgery in two days. He said that I will have to stay over night and the next day well almost two days. Because of my past surgery experiences. So I hope everything will go well he told me I will have 4 incisions but if its too bad when they get in there they will have to make one big incision also. So I hope everything goes well. And thanks for replying to my question. I feel alot better now that I have talked to my doctor one on one and for your reply!!!!

Well, I'm glad that you feel better about this. Did you talk to him about the supplement Bile Salt or Bile Acid? If not just do the research and do it on your own so that your body has what it needs to help digest your food. After your surgery just be careful because you may have to make quick bathroom trips. LOL... Just do research and if you need help I'll send you links.