After my boyfriend and I have sex, there is an up to one week-long amount of time that I have a lot of trouble with urine leakage. It can be anywhere from a tiny leak to my entire bladder being emptied. Once the leak begins, it is very difficult for me to stop the urine, and is quite embarassing.

There is little chance of an STD, because my boyfriend and I are each other's first sexual partners.

I just want to know if this is a urinary tract problem, or if I just need to do some vaginal exercises to strengthen the muscles down there.

Any feedback, including "I have the same problem"s are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

It seems that this is not that rare condition at all. I found several information for this condition and many are pointing out to pregnancy. I know that this might sound strange but if you had unprotected sex there is a chance that you might experience this because you are pregnant. The thing is that something is making problems with your bladder control. If this is caused by pregnancy your bladder problem is normal because of the stretching of muscles in pelvic floor. On the other hand if you have issues with obesity your problem might be caused by this as well. You should know that caffeine and smoking cigarettes can cause issues as well.

All the best,

Danella

Hi sam, don't freak out too much, this happens to me too and I don't smoke, I'm not obese and I'm on the pill so i doubt I'm pregnant. I was worried it was an STD but if u and your Boyfriend r each others first I guess we're safe there. I assumed that it was because my Boyfriend is quite big and it stretches my vagina more than normal so it takes a few days to heal itself. If I find out more I'll let u know:)

My boyfriend is large and sex is pretty rough 99% of the time. We have been dating for 6 months or so and we only see each other two weekends out of month. I noticed that each time he leaves I am sore. However this weekend when he left, I was not only sore but i began to leak (simply standing in the kitchen the first time and had a twinge but then immediately felt something wet run down my leg. A few days later went to the bathroom felt like I had emptied my bladder wiped and when I started walking out the bathroom a stream of urine ran down my leg as if I wasn't finished. What's happening to me?

I have been experiencing a similar issue after having sex with a larger penis. I have the feeling to urinate often and have had some blood show even, but disappears about 5 days afterwards. I believe that the stretching and use of a probing finger irritates the inside. I haven't gotten an infection yet, but just irritation for a few days.

I had the same problem after I had sex. Although I've used toys for YEARS, I didn't actually have sex with a guy until I was 28. The guy I've lost my virginity to is NOT on the small side lol
For about a week or so, I had leakage too (even when I didn't have to go and it was more than the typical leakage I think all women experience). After looking at alot of articles online, it seems like Bettygirl's was most accurate, at least for me.
For me, since he was my first, my body just needed to heal. I did do kegel workouts, but the leakage stopped after about 2 weeks and I haven't really kept up on those lol
I just wanted to post this because I was really scared and embarrassed when it was happening to me. I didn't know if I was ok or did something really bad to my body. I just wanted to let others know it seems like it's more common than expected and you're ok (I think...but I'm not a doc lol)
My advice, do kegels and keep lots of back up undies with you. Also, if your man (or person with a toy) is kinda.... "enthusiastic", have him take it slow and build to it.