I am in that period of life that most women hate menopause. I am 49 years old and beside standard symptoms, I am often experiencing urinary and vaginal infections. I have frequent urinating urges, but the urine amount is very small. Also, when I cough, I leak down a bit and its driving me crazy! In one word, bladder is acting weird on me!

Menopause is a condition followed with decreased level of estrogen, causing irregular periods and eventually complete stopping of it. Vagina dryness happens often, and that could lead to vaginal infections. Urinary problems can also occur in this period. What you are describing is called stressful incontinence (leaking while coughing) which is caused by the weakening of sphincter muscles of the bladder. There are certain exercises that you could do to strengthen those muscles and vaginal tampons for stopping the leakage.