green light surgery for enlarged prostate , pending on the doctor not such a bad experience i had problems empting my bladder , went to emergency room at local hospital , they emptied out 2 liters of urine . i seen a urologist very good a specialist suggested surgery not only did he consult with me . he gave me the pros and cons of each option green light and open surgery i opted for green light recovery time was shorter.
i found out personally patience is a key to the healing proccess and not allowing yourself to become bored and complacnet .
it definitely takes time as i found out when i was to over active and cause severe bleeding and had to return to the hospital to have the bleeding stopped and urinating blood clots.
my local hospital was great shore memorial , and my doctor the best DR. PISKUN , the combination my experience was a walk in the park , not saying i didn't have problem or concerns but the professionalism of each party was superb , never though a experience in a hospital i would be writting about. the beginning i was scared during preop examinations "CANCER " but the old :fish test came back negative !! thank God !!
antibiotics , flomax ,firestoride , advodart all helped me emensely to recover , and the dreaded "cathaters ' not a permanent thing thank God !!
after getting it taking out urinating on your own with some discomfort , occasional bleeding and blood clots , this may vary per patient , but was my experience only not the normal proccess .
yes sore and discomfort get use to it will take up to three months to feel yourself again , hurt while you urinate , i have a good flow so the surgery did its job well , where the cath was very sore discomfort but in time it will go away , slowly , patience don't rush things !!best advice i can give anyone .
yes its a slow proccess , all and all if i had to do this again no problem , not urinating properly verses the green light surgery , i'll opt for surgery hand down !! no problem. haven't opt to have sex yet when its time i'll let you know abouit my experience with that too .

Just want to give you a hug! Glad to hear your story!

Take care and enjoy life!

How are things now? Did you experience retrograde ejaculation?